No Edmonds kits on JimZ rocket plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
just curious, since Edmonds ceased production, a pity nobody has rocket plans posted on the JimZ site. Course I am kicking myself for not scanning plans and fins when I built many of them. Seems a curious and unfortunate omission.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the JimZ and YORP sites are not being updated? So even if someone submitted plans and templates it might not get posted.
Just the other day on YORF there were .pdfs for several Estes Design of the Month plans that were not on JimZ's site. I think the threads are now the repositories for plans. Perhaps Jim Zalewski or Scott Hansen can correct me if I'm wrong.
IIRC when I became a BAR 5 or 6 years ago there were a few Edmonds kits left at Heavenly Hobbies, so maybe they ended production a little before then? Picked up a Twinsee but did not have the presence of mind to scan the balsa stock with a ruler before assembling it.
Then there may be legal issues, even if the company is long out of business.

just curious, since Edmonds ceased production, a pity nobody has rocket plans posted on the JimZ site. Course I am kicking myself for not scanning plans and fins when I built many of them. Seems a curious and unfortunate omission.
Absolutely agree, Edmonds' gliders were truly innovative, unusual, and well designed. It's a true loss to glider enthusiasts that many can no longer even be cloned. So unfortunate that these designs will just fade into history, as no licensing deal or the rights to the designs were ever purchased by one of the manufacturers so they could be "reissued/reintroduced". I for one lament their passing, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Scott Hansen has added the Twinsee, Geminee, and Cici two stage plans/scans to the Plans/publications forum at YORF. Thanks to Scott and Frank Claunch (the mole)!

Back