Nite Flite Light

Manwithbeers

Reaction score
For Christmas my wife gave me some gear for another hobby of mine. Disc Golf. If you haven't tried it you should. Anyway, as well as a couple new discs and a great bag she gave me a Nite flight lite. Night time play is usually done with glowing discs but this lite allows a player to use a non-glowing disc by taping this little lite to the underside of a disc. She got it from discnation.com for about $4 but they only appear to have 1 color available. (red)

The packaging indicated it is a Lindy fishing tackle product intended for use in their fishing bobbers and they sell them for about the same price but offer 3 colors.

https://lindyfishingtackle.com/tackleshop/customer/home.php?cat=468

It could easily be incoroporated into a rocket design or even be taped to the side of an existing rocket. It glows for 20 hours so might even make a good back-up tracking tool.

A picture for you to see compared to a dime.

Just FYI

Layne

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
MWB: Love that screen Name:D!!!

Looks like a fine find. can you tell me the weight and what kind of batteries it runs on?

If you were to mount this Red led in the base of a PNC-80K White nose cone you will be amazed how RED it lights up at night;) Heres a page I did with a Pratt Yellow styrene cone and a 5000mcd red LED powered by a 3v lithium cell. I've done the same with a 12000 mcd orange on the big PNC-80k cones very easy to see at night.

Great find.

Manwithbeers

Reaction score
Well now I think there are a lot of possibilities for these lights. The downside is that what ever use will need to be designed so that when the battery is dead the light itself is tossed and replaced because the light has the battery built in. Nothing comes apart. The light has a 'push' on, 'pull' off function.

It is tiny. 33mm long when turned on. 1 mm or so longer when off. 3.3 mm (1/8 in.) diameter. The weight is 0.8 grams. I hope this helps you.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yeap sure does thanks.
The permanent battery is a bit of a bummer but it looks like a nice quick and easy way folks can add an LED to models like the X-ray or even smaller scratch built models.

Rocket Al

Reaction score
Well, for $3.71, 20 hours of light would probably be equal to 20 hours of flight, which would probably be the useful "flight life" of any rocket I currently own....

Then again, Duracell would probably require batteries this small to be bought in 2 or 4 packs, so you'd probably spend that much or more on batteries anyway. I think it's well worh the price, IMHO.

Al