Nike Nose Cone Poll: Which size

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size are you interested in acquiring?

• 5.5"

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 4"

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • both

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I am going to approach a manufacturer to make some Nike smoke cones. Which size are you interested in buying? The poll will run for 7 days.

What tube is preferred for the 5.5 cone. Im considering making a mold for this nose cone for myself for a near project of mine. If I can get the tube most likely used for this project, that would be the tool for the mold and cone fitment that I can Base it off of. I currently own a mold for the 4" cone.

What tube is preferred for the 5.5 cone. Im considering making a mold for this nose cone for myself for a near project of mine. If I can get the tube most likely used for this project, that would be the tool for the mold and cone fitment that I can Base it off of. I currently own a mold for the 4" cone.
I am pretty sure it is for the 5.5" Composite Rocketry tubing.

Getting anything CW can be tricky to say the least, on the other hand 5.38 Loc tube is easy peasy to get and you can glass it if you want

Or perhaps one of the wildman sizes would be better.
If one looks on their respective websites, it shows that CW, MC, and WM all have the same G12 5.5" ID/OD dimensions.

On another note, a nosecone for the aforementioned tubes would also work nicely in LOC 5.38" cardboard tubes.

Last edited:
If one looks on their respective websites, it shows that CW, MC, and WM all have the same G12 5.5" ID/OD dimensions.

On another note, a nosecone for the aforementioned tubes would also work nicely in LOC 5.38" cardboard tubes.
Reportedly, the cones work with all three retailers 5.5 tube.

I made an order for what I need for the plug. I have a old 5" cone mold I can use for the first step of the process for a 5.5 NS cone mold. The finished nose cone will be 30" In white gelcoat. Making it fit the 5.5 or 5.38 tube is not a problem just a little more fitting process for the 5.38 tube. The luxury of having a 2 piece mold.

Last edited:
Looks like the Majority is a 4-inch. I will ask. No promises.

Back