Nike Ajax

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

dbpeirce

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for help with some scale/semi scale measurements for a Nike Ajax build i am attempting.
the booster airframe is 7.5” and the sustainer is 6”. I know that’s not perfect but it’s what I am starting with. I hoping I can get some help with the measurements for the booster fins snd the main sustainer fins. I have other models of the Ajax from other manufactures but nothing seems to be consistent with how they scaled things.
thanks in advance.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Looking for help with some scale/semi scale measurements for a Nike Ajax build i am attempting.
the booster airframe is 7.5” and the sustainer is 6”. I know that’s not perfect but it’s what I am starting with. I hoping I can get some help with the measurements for the booster fins snd the main sustainer fins. I have other models of the Ajax from other manufactures but nothing seems to be consistent with how they scaled things.
thanks in advance.
So your going for approx 1/2 scale. If there is a Minakov drawing of the Nike Ajax even with its possible inaccuracies (real or supposed) it is a starting point.

Ez2cDave

Reaction score
If there is a Minakov drawing of the Nike Ajax even with its possible inaccuracies (real or supposed) it is a starting point.
There is . . . Watch for mis-spellings such as "GRAINE", which should read "GRAIN" !

Files coming below . . .

Dave F.

Last edited:

Ez2cDave

Reaction score
Original PDF file . . . Contains both NIKE AJAX and NIKE HERCULES.

Without the "magic" applied to produce the images above.

Dave F.

Attachments