Nike Ajax markings help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk8Xedge

Reaction score
Ok I apologize if I don't have this post in the proper category but I'm going nuts trying to find information and it's pissing me off. My next build is the nike Ajax from launch pad. I see markings of the Ajax all in white with lightning bolts. I can't find any info about this so if some can educate me I would appreciate it. I also need some advice with custom water slide decals as I want to do my Ajax all in white with the red lightning bolts. Thank you in advance

Ok I apologize if I don't have this post in the proper category but I'm going nuts trying to find information and it's pissing me off. My next build is the nike Ajax from launch pad. I see markings of the Ajax all in white with lightning bolts. I can't find any info about this so if some can educate me I would appreciate it. I also need some advice with custom water slide decals as I want to do my Ajax all in white with the red lightning bolts. Thank you in advance

The origins for the red lightning bolts are uncertain. I recognize them from the very ancient Renwal Nike Ajax plastic model kit, dating back to probably the 1950's (or at least by early 1960's)

AHA! A google search found this:

https://modelingmadness.com/scott/misc/military/previews/revell/7815.htm

For years I thought that the markings for this kit, which are pretty gaudy, were something that was made up. However, I found a photo of all white missiles with the large badges and the lightning bolt on them. Whether this was a publicity photo one time deal or not, it did exist.

7815photoa.jpg

So, the above is the only proof I've ever seen that there ever were any Nike-Ajaxes with those markings.

7815bt.jpg

7815b.jpg

Back