Nice, France

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must import moar...

Then throw other people's...

Money at it...

Very sad. We are in a state of war. We just refuse to state the obvious.

Praying for the victims, their families, friends, and for the people of France.

What diversity? We are all one human species. Our perceived differences are human inventions and historic happenstance. History, we should learn from. Broken inventions, we should fix.

A good alien invasion would unite us.

Sadly, it seems that we are unprepared to fight the war being waged. Our enemy places zero value on life, so they will perform acts of violence we are unwilling to reciprocate. We cannot prevail here until we are prepared to take the battle to them (and their state sponsors) on their terms. We need to make them understand that being at "war" with us is a very bad thing with grave consequences. As long as we try to fight a "civilized war", we will continue to suffer. I strongly believe that were we to explain to them in a gut wrenchingly violent manner that their behavior is unacceptable, they would lose the willpower to fight us. If not, they would lose the materiel and logistical support needed to continue their "war" as we explain the situation in a similar manner to their state sponsors. We also need to be willing to stand up and face the criticism of our "allies" when we take the action needed to bring this to a close.

We need to lead, not try to be part of a polite consensus.

Sadly, it seems that we are unprepared to fight the war being waged. Our enemy places zero value on life, so they will perform acts of violence we are unwilling to reciprocate. We cannot prevail here until we are prepared to take the battle to them (and their state sponsors) on their terms. We need to make them understand that being at "war" with us is a very bad thing with grave consequences. As long as we try to fight a "civilized war", we will continue to suffer. I strongly believe that were we to explain to them in a gut wrenchingly violent manner that their behavior is unacceptable, they would lose the willpower to fight us. If not, they would lose the materiel and logistical support needed to continue their "war" as we explain the situation in a similar manner to their state sponsors. We also need to be willing to stand up and face the criticism of our "allies" when we take the action needed to bring this to a close.

We need to lead, not try to be part of a polite consensus.

my heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Maybe the next massacre will be next week in Cleveland, Ohio. Billions of U.S. tax dollars being spent for "homeland security" yet we can't identify the enemy within. That would be "racial profiling", so we resort the quaint notion that being nice to our enemies will magically make them hate us less. Christian forgiveness does not work with those who don't worship Christ.

What did we do with all those de-commissioned ICBM's? I can think of a real good use for them right about now.
We actually used them for weather satellites, atmospheric testing and 'other' scientific payloads. We used the last of them in the mid-90's-still have the jacket to prove it! (okay-just the old Atlas birds-we have not totally disarmed!)

Last edited:

Waddaya mean "we?" Only the leadership in Washington DC have their heads in the sand. The rest of us, including Europe, know what is going on. January 20, 2017 cannot come soon enough.

As does mine. I simply have no capacity for sympathy or mercy for those who chose to wage "war" on the defenseless. I believe we should exact an unremittingly high price on those who do.

Sadly, they have nothing to lose. We can never scare them. That leaves two options.

A) kill "them" all. (determining them may be hard)

B) Unionize the middle east and stop participating in settling up Kingdoms that enslave their people and steal all their money. Poor people and rich psychopaths are doing all this. As a start to this, I say start dropping 500 pounders in saudi arabia like pounds at a fat camp.

Don't take that as political. Take it as sick of this all.

I get so sad from these things. Events like this make me seriously reconsider attending public events. I am tired of the sick and misguided motivations of a few to destroy the lives of the many. I am sick of politicians making excuses for these actions. I am sick of all this crap. Make it stop, change the channel.

You know the Japanese hated us a long time ago....not so much now, in fact they have become one of the best partners to the US. It all stems from the leadership of "said" country. Along with Germany, Russia and who ever else I'm forgetting.

There is nothing in this world that will ever make me understand
how a human can do this to other humans....

Teddy

Guys, please hold the political talk. I concur. Humans can do bad things. That is why you have to be prepared.

OK, so how do you prepare for this? Somehow I doubt the 2nd amendment would cover a concealed carry anti-tank weapon to stop a maniac like the animal in France. Unless we choose to demonstrate that this kind of behavior is utterly unacceptable, the only preparation I can see is what Jarret alludes to (stay indoors with the covers pulled over your head). Or go out, live your life as normal, and hope that there is no nutcase eyeing you as a soft target.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
To me, the solution is simple. Love. Love your family. Love your friends. Love your enemies. As we are taught by every major religion, by every bit of common sense. If I can help those near me in every way I can, I'll be doing my part to help prevent there impulse for tragedy in those around me. If everyone did that, we'd live in a much better world.

In this case, there isn't much one could do to prepare for a terrorist in a truck plowing through a crowd. The only thing you could do is to be aware of your surrounds at all times, and develop a plan of escape should something bad happen. It is sad that people can no longer enjoy themselves in public without having to fear for their safety and the safety of their family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back