Next Up: Little Bucky Jones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no!
I have been outed! No one was supposed to figure that out.

This appears to be a kind of humor I'm familiar with. 😄

Well, it is a good thing we have Ninja Llamas to take care of these matters.
Look! There is one now! ---------->

This would be something I haven't quite figured out. 🤔

🚀

Last edited:
Threw a fin loose at the last launch.
1638648607966.png

This is quickly becoming my favorite low power Rocket, so we are going to make some repairs and upgrades.

1638648678092.png 1638648686101.png

I decided that I also hate wadding, so I am going to try to install a baffle. I needed a little more length to make everything fit, so I am adding the baffle + 4" and we will see how it goes. ( It simulates just fine with the changes )
170E42D7-D282-4944-8F5D-BC440CB40F03.jpeg E83CFC6D-AA4F-478C-BFB0-B8492A110513.jpeg

Threw a fin loose at the last launch.
View attachment 492605

This is quickly becoming my favorite low power Rocket, so we are going to make some repairs and upgrades.

View attachment 492606 View attachment 492607

I decided that I also hate wadding, so I am going to try to install a baffle. I needed a little more length to make everything fit, so I am adding the baffle + 4" and we will see how it goes. ( It simulates just fine with the changes )
View attachment 492608 View attachment 492609

"This is quickly becoming my favorite low power Rocket,"

*sniff*
That is so sweet, I may cry...
*sniff*

Wow, now that is a long nose LBJ, sort of a Narwhal Bucky. As long as it works! He is going to look cool when finally finished.

OK, I know I'm very late to tbe party, but...
It's one of the bests methods I found that works and keeps fingers from getting CA on them... de-bonder in case you do get CA on your fingers...
Gloves. When using large amounts of CA like this, wear nitrile or latex or those baggy food service gloves.

There are prefectures that offer only rails at launch events.
I've never encountered a NAR section launch that did not have racks with rods.
I haven't built a rocket with rod launch lugs in a very long time.
How nice for you. Congratulations.
Launch lugs that use rods are so 80's.
Launch rods are good for lighter rockets, i.e. most LP and many MP rockets, in any decade.
Don't install launch lugs on your rocket.
Phooey.

For my 24 mm Space Arc I used both 3/16" and 1/4" launch lugs so I'd have the option if I ever wanted to fly on something bigger than a D
It's less about the motor than tne rocket weight. (Since the two are generally correlated, some clubs assign pads based on motor size not matter the weight, so you're not altogether wrong.)

Back