Next O motor launch in twelve days!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Lord willing. The rocket (Performer 200) is ready, the motor is made and I will be picking it up Saturday. Now we just need the weather to cooperate on 2/13!

Rocket was purchased from Performance Hobbies, motor manufactured by Scott S. of MDRA, recovery harnessed by the one and only @Onebadhawk , parachutes by the RocketMan. It'll have an Altus Metrum EasyMini as main altimeter, RRC3 back-up.

Details of the build and the last O motor launch are here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/my-quest-for-an-o-motor-launch.152184/

Come on out to MDRA if you are close enough and the weather is good on 2/13.

Was already looking forward to the 13th, Now I am really pumped! Here's hoping the fickle Eastern Shore Weather is good to us. Best of luck for a perfect launch and recovery.

On your original post you said 2/13 which is Sunday and you normally attend MDRA on Saturdays. Did you mean Saturday 2/12?

The motor is in the rocket and everything is ready to go for Saturday. High of 58, mostly sunny, a little breezy (10 MPH). Looking doable.

The motor is in the rocket and everything is ready to go for Saturday. High of 58, mostly sunny, a little breezy (10 MPH). Looking doable.
Good luck!
I would love to be there to see it, but doesn't look possible.
Looking forward to Red Glare, will you be flying it again?

Between this and the Nike Smoke drag race, I really hope I can make it. Unfortunately with NG-17 launching next weekend (the 19th) I don't know if it's going to be possible.

Good luck!
I would love to be there to see it, but doesn't look possible.
Looking forward to Red Glare, will you be flying it again?
I sure hope so, but not any time soon. Maybe on an M in the fall.

Hello, all. Yes, it was recovered 1.5 miles away. Both deployments occurred and the main was out. I think that by the time the main deployed, it was already a mi away and no one could see it. When I get GPS downloaded, I'll post the output. Altitude beeped out at 13,969'.

1644850784831.png

Back