Next Gen Russian Space Shuttle?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the line,

"it will require funding levels that the Russian Government has so far been unable to provide."

A fancy way of saying "we're broke"!

The idea is that it would actually cost less than Soyuz. It looks a lot like Lockheed's concept for the CEV.
Too bad things are so unstable over there, because some real competition would be a good thing for our country's program too. Guess that'll have to come from Rutan, Branson, & company. :D

yep, sounds like they are broke
how much did it cost to launch the Sat. V?

Too bad things are so unstable over there, because some real competition would be a good thing for our country's program too. Guess that'll have to come from Rutan, Branson, & company.

From what I understand it, China will be the next big competitior.

There needs to be a larger conglomerate of the space agencies so that resources can be pooled. It's sad that a country such as Russia with such a history in space flight can no longer afford the huge expenditures that go along with space travel nowadays. Russia and the U.S. aren't in a war, so there is unfortuneatly little justification for paying the budgets of space agencies.

I'm in the boat that says space travel should be for everyone, not just the wealthy.

$0.02

I agree GL-P, space travel should be for everyone, its been my dream to go into space

Back