Nexø I Rocket Mission...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creeps

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Things are looking good for the July 22, 2016 Copenhagen Suborbitals - Nexø I launch.
With all testing completed, here's hoping everything goes as planned!
https://copenhagensuborbitals.com/nexo/

Post Launch
Well, at least they're consistent. Now, the all important data recovery and analysis.
Launch at 3:02:00 minute mark.

nexø_presskit_infografik_v12_16_9_engelsk_jl.jpg

Last edited:
Well considering they have had 1 successful flight.......in their entire history.......

Well considering they have had 1 successful flight.......in their entire history.......

Well you also have consider that they are really pushing what can be done by amateurs. They have left the realm of very reliable BP/composite motors and successfully flown a BIG hybrid motor.

Their main goal it seems is to be able to put a Man in space. And to do this they have to have bi propellant liquid rocket engines. And so far their BMP5 engine has shown to be very reliable. So I would not make fun of them too much because they have barley scratched the surface of their main goal. Failure is guaranteed when you are doing something no one has done before.

I suppose to be fair we should put up the video detailing the "success" rate of our early attempts to get a rocket into space. Quite the cringe-worthy video...

Well it looks like something terrible has gone wrong. It splashed down balisticly into the sea.

Hey I love space and rocket stuff no matter where it comes from.

I just watched on of their YouTube videos on aligning the guidance and navigation systems and it was interesting to see that they are not using canards, fins or a gimbaled motor but instead jet veins to deflect the motor exhaust. I have never seen this before, very interesting.

I just watched on of their YouTube videos on aligning the guidance and navigation systems and it was interesting to see that they are not using canards, fins or a gimbaled motor but instead jet veins to deflect the motor exhaust. I have never seen this before, very interesting.

That's one of the original ways to do it - see V2 and Redstone rockets......graphite vanes in the exhaust.

Is this the same rocket?
[video=youtube;8iTg55Ktkn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iTg55Ktkn4[/video]
Why have not parachute and where I can see Onboard video? Furthermore, by making a video leave it natural. No need to repeat 5 times start from the settings of Youtube I can slow it down 4 times if I want. With such a rocket but 10-20 times greater calm might improve the world record for the highest parachute jump:)
P.S. I forgot the most important, hard work, I'm impressed :)

Last edited:
Back