NewWay Big Bessie (Square Big Bertha)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! I just finished one (except for the Future coat) yesterday. I went with the suggested livery from New Way, or close to it.

I was a little disappointed that Big Bessie is more BT-55-sized (1.3 inches across) rather than BT-60 (1.6) but I'm sure I'll get over it :D.

My model weighs exactly 3 ounces, so it's only a little heavier than my most recent Big Bertha builds.

If you don't have a NewWay rocket you should get one. They are an interesting addition to your fleet and fly well. Plus Rick Randol the owner of NewWay is a really nice guy.

To match the frontal area of a 1.6” dia tube, ie drag, it should be about the square root of 2 on a side, or 1.414” side lengths.

That paint job is udderly amazing!

Glen,

The spots and the black stripes are vinyl and included in the kit (as is the waterslide logo). A black fin and nose cone aren’t that difficult :).

Is New Way still shipping kits? The web site appears not to have had any updates since ~2011, and the "Contact Us" form is broken with a message indicating someone needs to clean out the inbox.

I'd like to buy some components or a Big Bessie to bash into something else.

New Way rockets can be purchased via Erockets.biz. That's where I bought mine. I got the Steampunk rocket because it's a 24mm, but may also get the "Flat Boy" because I think it's hilarious. Square rockets rule.

Is New Way still shipping kits? The web site appears not to have had any updates since ~2011, and the "Contact Us" form is broken with a message indicating someone needs to clean out the inbox.

I'd like to buy some components or a Big Bessie to bash into something else.
Or message Rick "Bluegrass Rocket" here on the forum.

Back