Quantcast

Newsbot

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

billspad

Reaction score
Is there I trick I can use to get the Newsbot threads to not show up? I put it on the ignore list but the threads still get listed.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline, Potent
Reaction score
Is there I trick I can use to get the Newsbot threads to not show up? I put it on the ignore list but the threads still get listed.
The first thing that comes to mind would be to ignore the user.

Now, with that...when you say they're still listed, can you tell me where? I only see them as part of the forums, so it's easy for me to ignore them if I want to.

-Kevin

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see the general space news removed and only take the feeds from ROL and RP. That should cut down the clutter.

billspad

Reaction score
The first thing that comes to mind would be to ignore the user.

Now, with that...when you say they're still listed, can you tell me where? I only see them as part of the forums, so it's easy for me to ignore them if I want to.

-Kevin
It tried "ignore". They still show up in the New Posts listing. If I click on that thread it tells me that I'm ignoring it but the thread is still listed. Not really useful.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Newsbot disappear.

andytherocketeer

Reaction score
I think ignore just blanks out the content of ignored users in the Thread View, and puts a link to click if you want to view the content.

The greasemonkey script i mentioned above will hide matching rows from the thread listing view for the search pages (eg if you search for a term, or hit the today's or new posts link). If there's someone you really despise, then you can add their ID to the script and it will hide all threads started by them too in the above search pages.

billspad

Reaction score
I think ignore just blanks out the content of ignored users in the Thread View, and puts a link to click if you want to view the content.

The greasemonkey script i mentioned above will hide matching rows from the thread listing view for the search pages (eg if you search for a term, or hit the today's or new posts link). If there's someone you really despise, then you can add their ID to the script and it will hide all threads started by them too in the above search pages.
When I read your first post it looked like it only worked for IE but in your instructions I see you mention Mozilla so I assume it will work with Firefox. I'll give it a try.

Der Red Max

Reaction score
Seems the only ones "Ignoring" are TRF personnel;
at least on threads that even remotely seem like criticism of the new TRF.

I wish they would at least say,
"that's the way it is, tough! Get used to it"
rather than just constantly ignoring this thread,
or this one:
Database Backup?
or this one:
Search word length
or this one:
Date & Time Stamps
or this one:
Embedded Video
or this one:
Option to have pics open in a new window?
or this one:
Thumbnail Attachments
etc, etc, etc...

A little help here please?
Anyone...anyone...AK?

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline, Potent
Reaction score
Seems the only ones "Ignoring" are TRF personnel;
at least on threads that even remotely seem like criticism of the new TRF.

I wish they would at least say,
"that's the way it is, tough! Get used to it"
rather than just constantly ignoring this thread,
or this one:
Database Backup?
or this one:
Search word length
or this one:
Date & Time Stamps
or this one:
Embedded Video
or this one:
Option to have pics open in a new window?
or this one:
Thumbnail Attachments
etc, etc, etc...

A little help here please?
Anyone...anyone...AK?
I'll take a look at some of those, and see if there's anything I can do.

I cannot answer the database backup question; I have no idea on that, as I'm not part of the hosting agreement.

-Kevin

AKPilot

Reaction score
I'll take the hit on some of these issues. Just haven't had time to pursue them yet.

Work and family have encompassed a great deal of my time in the recent past. With TRF being a volunteer effort I haven't been pursuing as much here recently.

Things are clearing up, so I should get more time to look at these things.