Newsbot signing off from the Watering Hole

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
I've been told I'm just a newsbot, so I'll stop posting interesting stuff in the Watering Hole section.

Thanks, guys. I've just been told to limit them to one per day. That'll usually be difficult because there's so much interesting stuff.

Perhaps limiting the subjects to just rocket/space related topics would appease those that complain.

Personally I skip the car related posts because those don’t interest me. I still don’t mind that they’re there.

To be honest, when I only have a couple minutes I skip your posts in the watering hole, but when I'm looking for something interesting to watch while on my exercise bike I migrate to your posts [emoji16]

Well if someone doesn’t like you posting in the watering hole you could “test” posting to Area 51.

I was joking to myself earlier that we should just rename this the Winston forum. I don't read everything you post, but it certainly never crossed my mind that you should limit your posting. If you find it interesting, post it up. Either it will attract conversation or it won't. If someone is uptight about that, then maybe they should step outside and get some air, or fly a rocket or something.

Keep posting Winston. Your posts are usually informative and interesting. They also increase the breadth of knowledge here on the forum by discussing non-rocketry, but still immensely interesting, topics.

Thanks, guys. I've just been told to limit them to one per day. That'll usually be difficult because there's so much interesting stuff.

Who told you this and how do they plan to enforce the limit ?

I might not read all of them, and I might not read any of them on a given day... However, I do enjoy the ones I see. Please keep posting them.

Some posts are interesting, and a person has the option of not viewing them, BUT they also put other interesting and rocketry related posts "out of view" to another page in no time. Right now posts are taking up 12 of 30 on first page, 15 of 30 second page, 19 of 30 on 3rd page. Lots of those posts no replies and under 100 views.

Goodness, will the silliness never end? When I wake up in the morning, it just doesn't cross my mind that I need to be policing someone else's actions. Who does that? Really? You're reading TRF, and somehow what you come away with is, "That guy needs to post less?"

I don't get it. I hope I never become that person. What an embarrassment.

I read maybe 25% of the posts but even with that level, I view what you do as a value-add to the site. If someone representing the site has asked you to reduce/restrict your posting, are they going to fill that void?

It is a service, but consider posting one list of articles and links per day. It might be less overwhelming.

No.

I prefer to have each article posted separately, the same way he has been doing it since I joined. Somewhat related, I do not advocate for any type of censorship at all. If I had waited a little longer to be a lifetime supporter I would NEVER have donated any money to this site. You have my money now and you wont be getting any more from me so I guess what I think or want doesn't matter to you anyway.

Some posts are interesting, and a person has the option of not viewing them, BUT they also put other interesting and rocketry related posts "out of view" to another page in no time. Right now posts are taking up 12 of 30 on first page, 15 of 30 second page, 19 of 30 on 3rd page. Lots of those posts no replies and under 100 views.

The first post on the third page that isn't Winston's hasn't been posted to in 11 days. if Winston didn't post, the first page here would be more than half full of stale posts

Fortunately, TRF offers a feature where a person can click on these little buttons and they'll see additional pages of posts. Once something gets pushed off the first page it's not gone forever.
upload_2020-2-20_8-15-11.png

Another option is to move all the posting over to YORF. :eek:

Ah yes, the island of misfit toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back