Newly Escaped From The Lab

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
New Items available from Lab Rat Rocketry.

See them all here:
https://www.labratrocketry.com/shop

Many of these new products come straight from customer requests, so if there is something you wish we offered feel free to submit a request.

Support for the Simple GPS: A new sled for the Apogee Rockets Simple GPS Tracker. Compatible with all existing bulkheads, and works with optional shock cord protection sleeve.

mount3-6169_s.jpg
sled-6160_s.jpg

BT60 Bulkhead: Probably the most requested item, a bulkhead compatible with the Mach 1 Rocketry fiberglass nosecone. Works with all existing Lab Rat Sleds. Available individually, or bundled with sleds.

bt60-6185_s.jpg

Xtra long Pull Pin: Another often requested item. Just under 6 inches in pin length, and compatible with our single, double and triple pull pin switch kits. Available as an additional pin only.

back-6180_s.jpg

8-32 and 10-24 Conformal Rail Button Nuts: The easiest way to firmly secure a 1010 or 1515 rail button when no centering ring is available. Available to compliment airframe diameters from 38 mm to 6 in (8-32) and 4 in to 7.5 in (10-24). Features a tapered side to minimize the chance of snagging the recovery train.

1010-6190_s.jpg
1515-6191_s.jpg
in-6189_s.jpg

Inventory controls have been removed for the new items. In the event I run out of product on hand, orders will be filled in the order received.

Last edited:
Like the rail button nuts. Can be used for avionics bays as well, I assume.

Thanks. The curvature would be a tiny bit off for a coupler of similar size, but I would imagine they could be used this way too.

Most common from my perspective is 10-24. I've not personally seen 1/4-20 used for 15-15 rail buttons.

for example: https://rail-buttons.com/1515.html
That's surprising, must have changed in the last couple years. All the ones I have (LOC, Railbuttons) and the drawings I have from when we made them for Railbuttons (20 years ago) all had a 1/4" hole. LOC doesn't specify the screw size any more. I actually prefer the larger screw as it is what provides the strength.

That's surprising, must have changed in the last couple years. All the ones I have (LOC, Railbuttons) and the drawings I have from when we made them for Railbuttons (20 years ago) all had a 1/4" hole. LOC doesn't specify the screw size any more. I actually prefer the larger screw as it is what provides the strength.

Interesting. From what I've seen, unistrut compatible guides have always used 1/4-20 but that size on a 1515 would make the walls fairly thin where it meets the rail, IMO.

I’ve always used 1515 buttons from rail-buttons.com myself, and they are 10-24. Creating a 1/4-20 version isn’t out of the question though.

I honestly didn’t know if there would be any interest in these, just something I’ve found useful in my rockets, so I figured I’d throw the idea out there...there was indeed interest.

Back