The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_Power004

Reaction score
Hey, I'm just getting into model rocketry, and I was hoping to find some people in here that happen to be familiar with the Houston, TX area. Where do you launch from? I'm looking for some good spots. Right now all I have as far as rockets go are the Estes Snapshot and Shuttle XPress. Next paycheck: SR-71 Blackbird and Nightwing, or something with payload capabilities for night flying (glowsticks).

MaxP,
Welcome to the best little rocketry place on the web! I'm not from Texas, so I can't help much as far as finding a launch site. There's plenty of Texans among us though, and I'm sure some one will pipe in and help you out.

Sounds like you are off to a good start with your fleet. I've got the Xpress aslo, but have yet to fly it. Heck, half of my completed fleet hasn't left the ground yet!

Anyway, welcome to the forum, hang around a while, and post as much as you want. And always remember, we love pics!

Welcome from the North East!

Sorry I can't help with Texas launch sites or clubs, but if you're near Hearne, the National Sport Launch (NSL) will be hosted there in May. FlisKits will be there and it looks to be a whole lot of fun!

You're going to like it here, the best rocketry home on the net

Max,

Welcome to the fray!! You've found a great place here. I got a buddy who flies in Texas but he's around the Austin area.

Have a blast!!!:D

bmhiii

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
Yeeeeee Haw! Another Texan.

I think you might be looking for the NASA/Houston Rocket Club.

There's a launch planned in Hutto this weekend and another in McGregor next weekend. Squirrel Works will be at both with our kits.

Yeah I've seen the website, but do I have to join a club to get a decent place to launch? Thing is: I'm not ready to join a club just yet, I'm just getting started.

Max...

Welcome to The Rocketry Forum...you won't find a better bunch of guys!!! Good luck on your launches and remember pics...we need lots of pics! :)

Once again, Welcome and have fun!

Carl

Back