Newbie question...What is LDRS?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

whoster69

Reaction score
Thank you for the information, Lance. Any particular place to watch for the information, as far as where it is posted?

llickteig1

KLOUDBusters Chief Logistician
Reaction score
The information gets posted on the Tripoli home page at www.tripoli.org when announced. Generally, the social media platforms like here (TRF) or the Tripoli Facebook page will get some mentions before it is posted to the web page.

Jmhepworth

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
How do we find out when LDRS will be near where we live? I live in Calfornia and would be willing to drive up to 1,000 miles away to go to it. I'd like to know how to find out more. I've always wanted to go.
The Bonneville Salt Flats are within a day’s drive of California. We’d love to see you join us for a few days of high power. There’s nothing like the sound of a high power rocket reflecting off the salt. And the recovery area is flat and huge.

Joe

https://www.uroc.org

whoster69

Reaction score
Thanks Joe! A friend and I are considering it. We grew up launching rockets (Estes) and would love to see some bigger ones.

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Joe! A friend and I are considering it. We grew up launching rockets (Estes) and would love to see some bigger ones.
My first high power launch was on the Salt Flats. It is unique and you’ll find that rocket people are the friendliest people around.

ThreeJsDad

Reaction score
I had a thought about the words that make up LDRS, actually the word, "dangerous". In some ways it should be heeded as a warning to those stupid enough to try some of this in a local park. With all the info on the net is is possible for someone to home brew some rather large motors. I think we need to keep the word dangerous in mind so people will continue to respect the power in some of these motors.

Take a look at the RC world and see what is happening simply because people behaved irresponsibly with their drones.