Newbie intro... Hi there...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmkSignals

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Model rocket newbie here and lovin it. I have two kids, 10yr boy, and a 6yr girl, and we are all having a blast with this new hobby.

A couple of months ago my boy saw a special on the Discovery Channel about model rockets. It has been on a couple of times since, and he is glued to the TV every time this show is on.

So I started surfing the web to see what kind of info I can find on the hobby. We live in So.Cal, and I found the website for Rocstock, went to ROCSTOCK XX a couple of weeks ago, and we are now hooked. We ran to the local hobby shop and picked up 2 Estes rockets each, and had a great time building them.

Sunday we went up to the Sante Fe rec area in the L.A. area for the first time, and had ½ dozen great flights. Can’t wait to start on some rockets that will fly E-G motors. WooHoo.

I would like to say this is a great forum. I have found plans on homemade parachutes, streamers, launch controllers, and launch pads. Between this site and EMRR, there is a ton of information out there that is invaluable for newbies like me. I hope to contribute myself in the near future. Thanks again….

-Kurt T.

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Welcome to TRF!

ahh yes, the world...

what types of rockets are you into? low and slow? high and fast? scale? futuristic? some great intro's to MPR(E-G) can be found from aerotech www.aerotech-rocketry.com also LOC makes some good 29mm rockets www.locprecision.com for some great LPR fun, and i mean FUN, pick up a fliskits anything. www.fliskits.com , also, jim flis can be spotted on this very forum, so its like the ultimate customer service. whatever you do, dont forget to have fun! welcome to the forum!!!

Welcome to the forum and the universe of rocketry!

You will like it here - things get better with time around this place.

Welcome Kurt,
As you've found out, you'll find the participants here to be very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. I get to say it first this time!!! We like pictures!

have fun!
Andy

Greetings Kurt!

Well, if you went to Rocstock you probably met a few TRF'ers and didn't even know it :)

Welcome to the fourm. Don't be shy, you've already "contributed" !

jim

Back