New Way Space Models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the current status of this company?

https://www.newwayspacemodels.com

I'm a huge fan of their square rocket designs. While I see a few listed on ebay from time to time (bought one a few days ago) I can't find anyone marketing new kits from them. I'm in the process of kit-basing one of their Firecat 4 kits into a square version of the Honest John missile. Life wouldn't be complete without a square HoJo.

I always thought their designs would make awesome high power upscales as well.
Anyone ever upscaled one of their designs? Dare2BSquare!

Apogee rockets carries them, just search New Way.

edit: They all say unavailable. Looks like eRockets is the only place.

Last edited:
Erockets is the only vendor that I know of. The NewWay website has not been updated with their new kits, like the Starship Deceptor and the Cornered.
I think Apogee used to carry them, but don't see it listed any more.

Randy at eRockets has a number of kits in stock. And Rick, the owner of NewWay, was at our club's Christmas party at eRockets last week. I didn't get to talk to Rick much, but he said he was doing better. I'm not sure how much he is working on kits, but since he knows Randy well I would check out eRockets from time to time for NewWay stuff.

Most of the kits listed on Apogee's web site are not actually available anymore. And while eRocket's carries the kits--the selection is very limited. At one point, it looks like the company offered a number of kits.

Glad to hear that the owner Rick is doing well, and hope that he continues to offer the kits. I've been thinking about the possibilities of a fiberglass sheet airframe.

I had a recent email exchange with Rick that suggested that he's going to be working on some new kits sometime soon. I don't know the status of the existing product line, though, or if/when he'll be getting new stock out to resellers.

But it at least seems like the future is looking up.

Rick Randol has had some health problems lately which has kept him from working on production. He is also out of stock on some parts for production. He is hoping to get back in to the swing of thing here in the near future. As Zeus-cat said, he was at the WSR Club Christmas Party and was showing off a couple of items that he is wanting to bring out in the future. He hasn't faded away yet.

Keep him in your prayers.

Back