New Way - Higgs Farm Square Rocket Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpitfield

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
New Way - Higgs Farm Square Rocket Gallery

Welcome to the New Way Higgs Farm Square Rocket Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the New Way Higgs Farm Square Rocket and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

New Way: Higgs Farm Square Rocket:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
This page is incomplete and still being edited

New Way Higgs Farm Square Rocket Basic Information.

newway_space_logo.gif
New Way Space Models

MODEL NAME: Higgs Farm Square Rocket Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced: 2017
Final Year:
Designer: Tom Cohen

Type: Oddroc, Tube Fin
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: " ( cm)
Diameter: " ( cm)
Span:
Weight: oz ( g)

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

36658202955_2efd16440f_o.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
New Way makes some very interesting kits. Rick from New Way came to our club's Christmas party last week and gave everyone there a "Dare to be Stupid" rocket. This is the 24mm version of the "Dare to Be Square" rocket (which I already own). So I got one for me and my wife gave me the one she got.

He also gave all the club members there a "Too Square" rocket. I also already have one of these, so the new one will be modified slightly to join my Kabob family. :surprised:

Latest Mini Higgs 'build'.... for an MDRA member who's previous version made an 'untimely disassembly' in the SodFarm parking lot... we did a fin modification this time around (cut new fins via CNC using SIG (.125") ply) and used thru-the-wall attachment with them. The new ply is heavier than the stock ply, so we added a hole to lighten them up a bit. Also sub'd vinyl decals for the original water-slide versions. Will be interesting to see it fly... the new fins are slightly heavier but much stiffer and I think, stronger than the stock version which had the habit of liking to crack just to the inside of the cube finlets. In any case, it will be nothing less than D-12's for this puppy now.

My Thanks to the following MDRA(and TRF) members for parts and inspiration...
Dgreger
Tom C
Djkingsley

New fins in primer with holes and real fin tabs added......and finished rocket....
IMG_3210.JPG  Mini Higgs mod fins.JPG
IMG_3419.JPG

Last edited:
I need one of these being a Md. boy. Also My skyrise (which I loved) drifted away so I need another. Does anyone know where to easily get Newway stuff? The website is wonky.

I need one of these being a Md. boy. Also My skyrise (which I loved) drifted away so I need another. Does anyone know where to easily get Newway stuff? The website is wonky.
History -- Tom C. of MDRA built a giant one of these. He later named it "Higgs Farm" in honor of the Higgs brothers and their long-time willingness to let us launch there.

Since it was a square rocket, Tom worked with New Way to develop the smaller model. As far as I know, Tom owns all the kits, and has given them away to faithful MDRA members. However, if you message Tom, he may have one stashed away somewhere. Or, contact New Way directly and see if they have the parts lying around. The kit, however, was never commercially available.

I have seen the full scale one go up. I never knew there was a smaller version available. This is quite awesome. I get to MDRA launches on occasion (not nearly enough). I feel I need to fix that :)

Back