New Way Exocet Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally bringing this one to a close.

After letting the paint cure for a couple of days I sat down and went over the decals. I really didn't care for the stock decal even though it was accurate for a scale missile. Like so many of my rockets, I wanted mine to be just a little bit different so I started looking at some pics and found some simply had the name on the side with a couple of stripes so I went with that look.

Finally assembly with vinyl and about 6 ft of 1/8" elastic shock cord brings this guy in at a rather plump 5.0oz. This one will need at least an 18" chute so I figure total weight of about 5.2oz without motor.

Running the sim in OR, I'm looking at about 260ft on a C6-3 and 320ft on a C5-3. Looks like I might need to hit up Qualman Rocketry and see if he can cut me some 24mm square centering rings for some of my future New Way builds. I can say one thing. This thing is built like a tank and should last a long time

Attachments

• Exocet final 1.jpg
    Exocet final 1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 23
The Aerotech 18 mm motors have been discontinued, and replaced by the Quest Q-Jets. Since Aerotech owns Quest, and these are composite motors, I've been calling them "Aeroquest" facetiously.

Also, I slipped up and should have typed "Aeroquest D16".

Sorry for the confusion.

Back