New to the Forum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danisman

Reaction score
Greetings! Just joined the Forum at the advice of our club president (Utah Rocket Club). Like many folks, I did some low power as a kid, introduced it to my son when he was 10, and have gotten back into it as I look forward to retirement later this year. Currently doing mid-power from kits, plan to design my own, recently started toying with RMSs, etc. Ultimate goal of HP, but no hurry! Looking to soak up a everyone's great experience and advice. David

There are no stupid questions. (but if you're planning to launch a cardboard rocket to the Moon on a Friday, remember that Friday responses from us may have a beer flavour to them. And my Friday is your Thursday, so maybe then too. :) ) Welcome !
Norm

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I'm up in Cache Valley. UROC has some fantastic launches although I've not been terribly active in the past few years but I've got several rockets under construction and hoping to hit a few launches this summer!

Greetings! Just joined the Forum at the advice of our club president (Utah Rocket Club). Like many folks, I did some low power as a kid, introduced it to my son when he was 10, and have gotten back into it as I look forward to retirement later this year. Currently doing mid-power from kits, plan to design my own, recently started toying with RMSs, etc. Ultimate goal of HP, but no hurry! Looking to soak up a everyone's great experience and advice. David

Welcome to the site.

Construction question: what tricks have folks found to apply epoxy accurately and in controlled amounts, especially inside body tubes? Just a glop on the end of a dowel? I've found that hard to apply evenly.

Construction question: what tricks have folks found to apply epoxy accurately and in controlled amounts, especially inside body tubes? Just a glop on the end of a dowel? I've found that hard to apply evenly.
WildMan recommends a syringe like you might get from your local drugstore. Mix it up, load up the syringe, and gently squeeze it out.

I've also seen folks talk about Open Rocket for designing and running sims. How does this compare with Apogee's RockSim?

I've also seen folks talk about Open Rocket for designing and running sims. How does this compare with Apogee's RockSim?
RockSim will do some things that OR won't do (yet), such as pods (as on the Interceptor). And there are some discrepancies in weights of parts in OR. It's recommended that you weigh parts and override the weight in OR (maybe in RockSim, too?) for the best accuracy.

Rocksim has some unique features. OpenRocket will close the feature gap (not all the way) when its new release comes out.... soonish.

The key thing: OpenRocket is free. You can give it a try for a while, then pony up for RockSim if you decide you need the extra features.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Welcome to the site. :computer:

Post up some photo's of your fleet.

Welcome from Ogden! I see you've been on the Salt Flats. :cool: I got to launch from there last year for the first and last time! I'm gonna try to make it to more UROC launches. Hope to see ya there.

Welcome from Ogden! I see you've been on the Salt Flats. :cool: I got to launch from there last year for the first and last time! I'm gonna try to make it to more UROC launches. Hope to see ya there.
I'm planning to fly and help out at the Mar 19 launch at Frank Hunt. Look forward to seeing you!

Back