New to the forum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Westbrook

Frizzlebeard
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and I have to applaud the amount of information to be had. I currently live in central ND on a farm and have 300+Acres I can launch on. So recently i have put together quite a few estes kits and have been having fun with them. I'm intending on building a few of the mid power rockets soon. I have looked at the warthog and barracuda and they are my top choices.

And as a side note, anyone in central ND as well?

Welcome! I'm a little envious of your setup, would love to able to launch G-G staging or clusters from the house :)

If you haven't heard of the AT 29/40-120, it's an amazingly versatile case -- the g76 green reload is one of the punchiest motors you can get without a HazMat fee and/or an L1 cert

I'm guessing you don't have too many local rocket vendors, but I'm wrong all the time so....

I don't have any local ones you are right lol. Hobby lobby and very minimal selection there. I am not familiar with the motors yet, but I'm getting there lol.

Hello! Yes, you have a very enviable setup. I have to drive an hour to find a landscape that you probably see right out your back door (and maybe out your front door, too).

I don't live in Central ND (I'm guessing that's North Dakota?), but I have driven through it and I'm in the same general part of the country.

the warthog is a nice bird although you may want to swap out the chute for something a bit larger(mine came with a 22" chute, I went with a 30" instead).
Rex

That was my thought, I'd rather chase them a little ways then have a super hard landing. I have miles of open space all around me so the walk wont be an issue. I absolutely love watching a slow controlled decent.

That was my thought, I'd rather chase them a little ways then have a super hard landing. I have miles of open space all around me so the walk wont be an issue. I absolutely love watching a slow controlled decent.
If you want to have a larger parachute and still not chase, check out the Jolly Logic chute release. It mechanically holds your parachute closed until a pre-determined altitude and then releases the chute. It's not cheap, but worth every penny.

Thank you. I have read a little about them and definitely have it on my wish list. I've also done some reading on the DD systems and want to work my way into that in the future.

Back