New to boost gliders

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rekrapmij

Reaction score
I'm building the Boyce SR-71, and I need to buy the electronics (transmitter, receiver, servos). Is there anyone out there who has a used set they are ready to get rid of?

What kit is this, I don't think Boyce was making an RC/RG SR-71?

I'm building the Boyce SR-71, and I need to buy the electronics (transmitter, receiver, servos). Is there anyone out there who has a used set they are ready to get rid of?

It's actually the YF 12, but I was focused more on trying to buy the electronics from someone who had them and was ready to move on.

You mean dynasoar rocketry yf-12? Not boyce... I'm the only one who makes a YF-12

If you don't have a transmitter already that tells me that you aren't an experienced RC flyer, which means you shouldn't be trying to fly the yf-12 before you learn to fly some other aileron powered aircraft...if you're just looking to start finding equipment that's great but you really need experience on a trainer and then something that flies about 60 miles an hour with ailerons before you attempt to fly the yf-12.

Frank

Sorry, I'm old and confused. You are right: It's a Dynasoar YF-12, not a product of Boyce Aerospace. I apologize for causing confusion.
As I said in the title, I'm new to Boost Gliders.
Jim Parker

Frank, thank you for putting foam scraps in there. I tried out my Titebond CA, and it ate the foam. I've ordered some foam safe CA.
Jim Parker

Given the boost speeds(50-60mph), none are really trainers, however the models like the Orbital Transporter, Aurora Clipper, and Dragonship Six have dihedral in the wings so once in glide mode they are more self stabilizing in roll meaning they tend to stay level. You really need either a person experienced to help with trim flights and boost and learning or get a trainer airplane with ailerons and get comfortable before you ignite an 8 second burn motor that you can't shut off if you make a mistake:)

Frank

Frank, which of your kits do you recommend as trainers?
Jim Parker

Last edited:
Back