New T3 not working with Rocket locator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Schwantz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I just got a new T3 system. Rocket locator will not connect with my S9. I purchased the T3 as my Eggfinder also would not connect, thinking some thing was wrong with the Eggfinder. It connects when I use Bluetooth GPS, but not rocket locator. Any help you could share would be great

Go under bluetooth connections in your device(s9) and it should show up with the base station powered on as HC-06. Tap on it to pair the device, enter the password "1234". Then after that's connected open up Bluetooth GPS or Rocket Locator. Bluetooth GPS will ask what device to pair with, again select HC-06.

Good luck. I had used Bluetooth GPS but I see the map is not loading. I will work on that before the launch Sunday, see you there.

~John

Hi John, thanks, but all that is good. Device is paired, password entered, but will not connect to Rocket Locator. And this is the same for my Eggfinder system. Neither work, but both work with Bluetooth GPS just fine. And I cannot get the map on Bluetooth GPS either. I am actually talking with the person the made Rocket Locator. Shot him an email last night and he wanted a link to the T3. See ya Sunday, Dave.

Hi John, thanks, but all that is good. Device is paired, password entered, but will not connect to Rocket Locator. And this is the same for my Eggfinder system. Neither work, but both work with Bluetooth GPS just fine. And I cannot get the map on Bluetooth GPS either. I am actually talking with the person the made Rocket Locator. Shot him an email last night and he wanted a link to the T3. See ya Sunday, Dave.
Try hitting Restart Blue GPS. I have linked my T3 to two different phones now, and both times were a bit tedious to link up and start working.

Is this an issue with having mobile data on with Bluetooth on? That has been an issue for me in the past. Some apps might be that fussy.

Is this an issue with having mobile data on with Bluetooth on? That has been an issue for me in the past. Some apps might be that fussy.
You may be onto something there. He's using a Samsung phone. My wife's Samsung phone has issues at times with mobile data, and it's usually tied to the limited resident memory - not the SD card memory.

Back