New "Smoke N' Fire" Pics!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks to be a fun rocket...nice looking....

And speaking of looks...I've seen that same sorta "SMOKE AND FIRE" look from my "BETTER HALF"...LOL

Flying -

Finally got around to checking out your web site...very nice, cool rockets, good stuff.
Can't wait to see pics of Smoke N' Fire in flight. :cool:
Didn't realize the scale of it until you showed it with your wife, should be a blast to fly. Nice looking gal, must not have known about your rocket obsession until you were married, mine didn't :D ....for better for worse....

Think it could be altered to gap stage the upper part?

That's definitely cool.:cool: I buy very few model rockets anymore. Every now and then, one comes out that I just have to get.(Deuce, Long Overdue) I will definitely get this one.:)

very very cool. It didnt look huge until the pic with your wife holding it. Man that thing is pretty beasty

Originally posted by Ryan S.
very very cool. It didnt look huge until the pic with your wife holding it. Man that thing is pretty beasty
This is a very good point! All of you vendors should take note. Many times, I look at a rocket kit and unless the design really grabs me, I don't give it a second look. The "Smoke N' Fire" is a really cool looking kit and I'll probably pick one up for myself but the real clincher was seeing the scale of the kit with a real human. If all kits were displayed with a person for scale, it might grab a few more sales. I know it makes a difference to me.

Now your talkin!.,I could imagine a 2nd generation Pershing
style paint scheme,on 3 E9's

Count me in

Originally posted by MarkABrown
This is a very good point! All of you vendors should take note. Many times, I look at a rocket kit and unless the design really grabs me, I don't give it a second look. The "Smoke N' Fire" is a really cool looking kit and I'll probably pick one up for myself but the real clincher was seeing the scale of the kit with a real human. If all kits were displayed with a person for scale, it might grab a few more sales. I know it makes a difference to me.

I couldn't agree further with Mark on this one regarding the marketing tip. I had no idea that sucker was THAT big. It appears to be a very nice midpower bird. Well done.

Originally posted by TheRadiator
Silverado,

Any updates on this particular kit-to-be? :)

Thanks in advance!

Finishing up flight tests now. The weather here has been windy and and little chilly but I should be wrapping up final tests by the end of the month. The instruction pack is done. I just have to sit down and calculate costs. I am also considering giving customers the option for an E motor version.

I should have the first bag ready by March 1st......keep your fingers crossed!

Alrighty, my fingers are crossed! Looking forward to the Smoke-N-Fire release!

I decided the upper fins just didn't blend well. So for all you fans who have been following, this is the new fin design for the payload section. Rocket will be Beta Tested soon, and then let the clustering begin!

:D Upper Fin Change

Wait a sec... You live in Massachussets, doncha? Were you the guy who had that 18MM rocket with tubes for fins? Not the conventional tube-finned rocket, the tubes were glued onto the tube like fins... That was cool. Made for quite the flight on that C, huh?:p Up... spiral twords burnout... C6 goes OFF the reccomended motor list;) :D

All this assuming it was you... But I cant think of anyone else who has a company up here besides jim, me, and you...:confused:

Originally posted by Neil
Wait a sec... You live in Massachussets, doncha? Were you the guy who had that 18MM rocket with tubes for fins? Not the conventional tube-finned rocket, the tubes were glued onto the tube like fins... That was cool. Made for quite the flight on that C, huh?:p Up... spiral twords burnout... C6 goes OFF the reccomended motor list;) :D

All this assuming it was you... But I cant think of anyone else who has a company up here besides jim, me, and you...:confused:

Are you referring to the HELIX?

The HELIX

Flying...the upper fin mod looks very cool...adds something to the build. Can't wait to see it with colors.

Carl

Nope... This one had 1 18MM tube between 12 and 18" long, and 3 tubes per "fin". It was pretty cool! not the Helix, though... Though the Helix does look cool!:cool:

Originally posted by Neil
Nope... This one had 1 18MM tube between 12 and 18" long, and 3 tubes per "fin". It was pretty cool! not the Helix, though... Though the Helix does look cool!:cool:
Doesn't sound like me...(scratching head)

Thats strange... I cant think of anyone else who has a buisness near here! Can I see some pics of ALL you rockets that are in teh design/test stage (or went through it in the past year) so I can identify the suspect rocket? Plus I wanna see your newest designs... Theyre cool!

Back