New shop under construction!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We're building onto our house. We've been looking to upgrade for a while now. We just couldn't find another house we liked so we decided to just go ahead and add-on.

Theres a new bedroom, a full bathroom, a den/family room area, and of course....A NEW SHOP!

Here it is fellas. It's not huge, but it's better than what I've got now. 18x21 feet...perfect size for a "rocket lab".

So, when can I come over and play? I'll bring some of my kits.:D :D ;)

Sure....come on over.

We'll have a drywallin' party. I'll buy the beverages!

A cold front came through and it cooled down to 90degF, so don't forget your jacket.

:D
John

It's not the heat, it's the humidity :rolleyes:
Which right now in my part of Iowa is about 1067%!!!
Man, I can't wait for winter.

Greg

Originally posted by karatekicker271
How much you want for rental?

Heh...after seeing your dad's shop, you have no reason to say that! Heh...just playin'.

That's lookin' awesome OKTurbo....like many others have said, I want that, too.

I did not see the mechanical parts for the "Silo Doors". You do want to be able to fly in a hurry, right?

I can't believe it's taken me this long to 'start' finishing my shop. I guess a new baby can have that effect on the hobby schedule. :)

Baby sister is now 1 1/2 yrs old and Mom/wife asked me when am I going to do something about that 'mess' out there. Say no more....I'm heading to the lumber yard.

There is still a lot of work to do, but here is the current status.

Northeast corner...

The south wall will be pegboard for rocket/airplane storage.

It's been a challenge building a shop that's alread full of stuff.

Oh...and I'll mention that lumber is freakin' expensive!!!

4'x8' sheet of 3/4" AC Plywood is $35. 1x2 clear pine $5.50 for a 8 ft length. Yeooowww!!!

Originally posted by OKTurbo
Oh...and I'll mention that lumber is freakin' expensive!!!

4'x8' sheet of 3/4" AC Plywood is $35. 1x2 clear pine $5.50 for a 8 ft length. Yeooowww!!!

Gotta say, its coming along nicely! What type of heating are you going to have in there?

Well done,
Karl

Okturbo,
I am in envy ! look at all that worktop surface and the nice storage units!

how about lighting? you can never have enough lighting have you got a plan?

Originally posted by OKTurbo
Northwest corner... Lots of workbench. :)

I see the Shoei box under the table. Ok where and what kind of bike do you have? BTW, I'm an Arai guy myself. :D

Originally posted by Karl
Gotta say, its coming along nicely! What type of heating are you going to have in there?

Well done,
Karl

No plans on heating the space. The winters here are relatively mild. If it gets too cold, I can plug in some space heaters.

Ryan...That is one serious shop!

tbzep. No motorcycle right now. I sold my '1972 Triumph Trident to a friend a couple of years ago. I've owned several bikes over the years, but I gravitate towards old british bikes. They just 'look' right to me. Hopefully someday I can restore an old Vincent Black Shadow in that shop. :)

Back