Quantcast

New rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Rocketless

Reaction score
Well I have built and launched Estes Lpr rockets but I built an Estes Big Daddy with modified nosecone and Vander-burn fins and upgrades and then a 3inch 29mm Balsa Machine Products School Rocket built rock solid
I went to a small undergraduate college
Gustavus Adolphus College and it is evidenced here

Attachments

Back_at_it

Reaction score
Nice looking rockets. From experience I can tell you that both of those really like the Estes E12-4. The Big Daddy will fly well on a D12-3 as long as the Vander-burn upgrades didn't add too much weight but don't try to fly the school rocket on anything smaller that the E12-4.

If you have the room, the Aerotech E20-4 is perfect for the school rocket and the E20-7 works well in the Big Daddy.

Scott_650

Reaction score
The 3” BMS School Rocket is a great kit - now available in 29mm power and there’s an add-on upper section payload/av bay too (email BMS about availability). I’m saving my unbuilt kit until my current one is retired.

Alan R

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice paint job on those. Got the school rocket a couple weeks ago. It's in the winter build pile. I bought the long airframe but I think I'll chop it down a bit. The 34" is too long, and the 17" is too short.