Quantcast

New rockets on sale at estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

EXPjawa

Reaction score
Those must have just been posted today, since I specifically looked at that page this morning.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
47 items on sale. That's a pretty large inventory dump.

Flyfalcons

Reaction score
Very nice. I see a couple kits for me and a couple RTFs for my daughter for Christmas. That Maxi Alpha 3 starter set is a steal!

michigander

Reaction score
Crayons are great for scouts and church groups...... fast build :)

thanks .. I think for link lol

cavecentral

Reaction score
Jumped on two more Ventris. I like Argent better, but sold out. Best price I seen on these yet.

Got a Mini Red Max, Trajector (looked cool) and some STM 012 whatever that is - TTW fins and looked cool.

Not sure what is needed for free Shipping, but $64 broke the mark.

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So many rockets, so little money... Thank Heavens I'm getting out of this job and on to one that *should* pay a living wage!

If anybody is interested in helping me out... I'd really dig the following:

Argent
Scion
Sprint XL
Tercel
Vagabond
Photon Probe

Last edited:

Flyfalcons

Reaction score
Rick you had me worried so I got my order in. Got the Astron Sprint XL that I've had my eyes on for a while and some other goodies. I tried to update my cart to get two Sprints but it wouldn't work. Oh well.

neil_w

Working on 20K
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh, I think they might finally snag me with this sale.... only problem is that at these prices, to get to the $50 free shipping level I'll have to buy more kits than I need.... ugh build pile ugh

75Grandville

Reaction score
Got my shipping notice today as well. I've been needing a replacement 2" PSII tube for one of my cosmic interceptors. $4 part, $12 shipping. This was my excuse for an order.

Now will have a backup Cosmic Interceptor kit, a stock Cosmic Interceptor (in process - just finished the gloss white base coat), and one that will get a set of vinyl skins. Now that I've learned how (not) to build one. Plus that Trajector I've always wanted. Plus a yellow crayon as a gift.

Almost wish I'd ordered a Mammoth with a booster. Except that would be one more rocket, and would require one of the few engine sizes I don't currently have. And I already have multiple bins and boxes of unbuilt rockets. And half-built rockets. Plus the big box-o-rockets that need to be repaired...

Last edited:

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
Got my shipping notice today as well. I've been needing a replacement 2" PSII tube for one of my cosmic interceptors. $4 part, $12 shipping. This was my excuse for an order.

Now will have a backup Cosmic Interceptor kit, a stock Cosmic Interceptor (in process - just finished the gloss white base coat), and one that will get a set of vinyl skins. Now that I've learned how (not) to build one. Plus that Trajector I've always wanted. Plus a yellow crayon as a gift.

Almost wish I'd ordered a Mammoth with a booster. Except that would be one more rocket, and would require on of the few engine sizes I don't currently have. And I already have multiple bins and boxes of unbuilt rockets. And half-built rockets. Plus the big box-o-rockets that need to be repaired...
I did buy a Mammoth with booster. I probably shouldn't have, but I did :)

iqsy59

Reaction score
Not on the sale page, but $10 for the PSII Booster is pretty good...if you can find a decent price on F15-0's. At $26 for a Trajector+Booster, I couldn't resist the temptation to try out an F15 to F15 flight.

For any of you that don't know, the Vagabond is one of the best-flying kits for D and E motors that I have ever seen. At $5.50, it is an absolute steal. I can't imagine Estes will pull that one from their fleet, but just in case I bought two!

Cheers,
Michael

Marc_G

Reaction score
I have more than enough kits right now but am tempted to buy a few Vagabonds for my stash, largely for the PNC-60RL nose cones.

walterb

Reaction score
the scm 12 is worth it for just the parts. it was always cheap for it's size. I just got the vagabound from hobbylinc on sale but got another as well as a second Sprint, Curvialenar, Trajector and maxi alpha. Thought about the Fletcher but i already have stock built and one sitting on the build pile to make for standard size motors. I wished i had bought a few more Vector Forces for the parts a couple of years ago. My build pile is already at twenty, i think this ads six but I won't do the duplicates until I loose the first ones.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
Well, I succumbed. Even though the PS2 builder kits were out of stock, I ordered a bunch of other stuff. Most were kits in the $5 range, but I did order a Trajector, plus the Maxi Alpha 3 launch set (I didn't actually have a light duty pad or ignition system). All told, I've got 16 new kits I didn't need coming my way. Hopefully they pack them well...

tab28682

Reaction score
Estes has replenished stock on a number of the OOS sale items today. I caved and bought a few...:)

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Sold some 9mm ammo today so I got a few bucks.
Soooo.....Do I buy some rockets?
Or do I buy some new socks, all of mine have holes in the heals.
None of my T-shirts fit any more, need T-shirts too.
Dog needs cut...Almost out of toilet paper, out of paper towels.
Son need reeds for his clarinet.
I could use a drink, haven't had one since my birthday last February.
Hmmm. Decissions...Decissions.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to pass on the T-shirts.
I got $15 bucks left to get the dog groomed...
and 6 bucks n change for socks.
I went wild on the drink, got a 1/5 of Bacardi 151.
No more pain in the hip tonight!