New Rocketry Book Coming

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that Mark Mayfield (LAUNCH Magazine) will be releasing a new book soon. You can pre-order it now.
View attachment 527495

This has been there for years with the release date always about six months into the future. If the book is actually coming out, it would surprise me, as Mark is busy as an instructor of journalism at Alabama. And I see no mention of it on his Facebook page. I have sent him a DM on Messenger, so I'll report what he says.

Last edited:
I'm with Roy....based on history (of Launch magazine and related things), I'll believe it when I see it. At least Amazon won't take your money until they ship.

This has been there for years with the release date always about six months into the future. If the book is actually coming out, it would surprise me, as Mark is busy as an instructor of journalism at Alabama. And I see no mention of it on his Facebook page. I have sent him a DM on Messenger, so I'll report what he says.
I sent him an email maybe 2 years ago and never received a reply.

So I sent the DM on the 13th. Facebook indicates he read it sometime on the 14th. I've not gotten a response. I'm not one of the ones who expressed anger at the shutdown of LAUNCH magazine, since I have old journalism school chums in the magazine/newspaper biz, and I know how it can be, and know how they normally deal with cancellations and shutdowns. So make of his silence what you will.

Back