• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold New Rocketman Standard 12' parachute $125 shipped

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerJones

Reaction score
I have a brand new, never flown Rocketman Standard 12' parachute in burgundy/yellow pattern. Perfect condition. $125 shipped conus, payapl F&F only.

12ft Standard Parachute… Price: $155.00 / Colors may vary
Weight of parachute: 17oz
Packing Volume: 4.0”D x 11.0L”= 138.23”^3
Descent Rate:
15ft/sec: 24.0lbs
17ft/sec: 33.0lbs
20ft/sec: 43.0lbs
25ft/sec: 67.0lbs

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1148.JPGIMG_1149.JPG

That reminds me. I've got a 3' Rocketman drogue. Only used once. I was considering selling it, but you can't put a price on memories.

View attachment 536625
What speed did that deploy at? Definitely not one of our Drogue chutes, definitely one of our standard chutes meant for a 3lb rocket, not as a drogue on a heavy rocket, that’s what our Pro Experimental Chutes are for. I’ve never seen a chute tear the cloth out, looks like 100% of the sewing is in tact, including where all the seams were, very strong chute.

What speed did that deploy at?
Buddy, I think it is still ok. It needs some shroud lines and maybe some scotch tape, but it could fly again. The chute just opened a little early and by a little early I mean the motor completely Cato'd towards the end of the burn, going about 1200mph. This brave little guy jumped out, after getting crushed by 200 gees of flying motor, to try and save the avbay from certain death. He earned a Purple Heart for losing all four appendages.

You know I always fly Rocketman. They don't always survive my flights, but they are the bravest chutes you can buy. Given my last three cato'd flights, I'm thinking you need to start a chute of the month club.

-Mike

Back