New Quest Catalog is out!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose_in_co

Reaction score
FYI...

Quest has a new "Poster catalog" Unfolded it is 22" x 17". The cover has a welcome note from Bill Stine, President. The cataog opens up and the shows the starter sets, bulk packs, and accessories that they sell. The back of all this is an 22x17 poster depicting all of the kits that they currently sell. They are divided into two sections, "Hobby Kits" and "Quick Kits". Notably absent are the Micro Maxx rockets. I didn't notice any new kits in this catalog, however the "delta clipper?" kit is missing.

Goose

Buy???

They were FREE!!!!!!!

I just picked up one, I didn't know what I had until I got it home and opened it up. I'll have to stop back and pick up another one.

By the way I got it at my Local Hobby Shop in Littleton Colorado.

Goose

All:
Had a good conversation with Mr. Stine last week. Look for the NEW Micro Maxx model "Kits" to be coming out fall of 2004. A couple kit names are Tiny Tracer and Bitty Betty will be real build it type kits Gone will be the RTF's for now. Quest has a good stock of motors at this time.. Can't wait to see the new line:D

All right! The Micro Maxx is NOT dead! Sounds like we gotta wait a year to see 'em, but at least we'll be able to fly what we build! Any word from Mr. Stine when the website will be up an running?

Greg

I am personally looking forward to more motor offerings. I'm ready to see something new go in my rockets. I'm not against Estes motors in any way, but I guess the "newness" of another type motor is desired. You know what's wierd? I kinda like the labeling of Quest motors more for some reason. I mean, there's nothing like rekindling a childhood by whipping out the brown casing motors, but if you think about it, the Quest motors seem to have a more "professional" or "hobby" quality to them.

I was in my local Hobby Town USA, and noticed the Micromax motors were in stock as well as some "Little Joe" starter sets. There were also a lot of cool Quest rockets, that I had never seen before. I picked up a 3Xpack of Quest C6-3's.

I also have the Quest site loaded in my fav's waiting for it be online...

Guys:
If you can't wait for Quest to issue there new Micro-Maxx kit line there ARE lots of other places to pick up interesting Kits' and/or plans for scratch building your own.
Andy at ASP recently added two new micro's, Pratt hobbies is coming out with a couple, Flis kits has those REALLY nice micro UFO's "Free", QCR has at least 3, and I think there are a few others on this forum that are also producing micro-kits.

If your looking for plans, I have 60 one page plans in the files section of the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group for your building and flying pleasure. competition types, Downscales, Odd-Rocs & Scale models. there are also plans for adapting and/or building all the ground support equipement you could want. I'll post a Very condensed pic of one of the plans so you can see what they look like.

If you need motors they are available from quest. or do like I did.. I got a bulk order together in our club, ordered 5 cased of motors from one of the local hobby shops we wanted to support and got a great deal with a single Haz-Mat fee. got the MM-II motor 6 pack price under 4.80 or about .80 per motor:D:D
My only regret after the conversation with Mr. Stine was he didn't see a micro booster motor in the future:( so we'll have to continue "adjusting" the regular motors if we want to fly staged micros.
Hope this helps

Just recently got my Quest catalog in the snailmail. The "Shuttle Intrepid" kit looks way cool. Anybody know any more details about that one?

I have one of these kits, but have not yet built it. Based on this review, I believe that modifying the booster to accept a D engine may be a good idea... a 450 foot apogee seems rather low for a glider that doesn't really glide all that well.

Graylensman,

How did you request the Quest catalog be sent to you? Do you have an address? Was there a cost?

Thanks!!

I just received my QUEST Poster Catalog today. I obtained it by going to https://www.questaerospace.com/ and sending an email to the address listed there: [email protected] . It took about a month, but it was free!!

Included were: 1) an order form to order directly from QUEST, 2) An 11/01/03 Quest price list/spec sheet, and 3) a 'Spring 2004 Factory Sale' flyer with deals on Novia, Starhawk, Gamma Ray II, Astra, Viper, and Courier (egglofter) School packages including 25 rockets, a launch pad, 25 motors, and a launch controller! These range from $120.00 for the Novia 25 pack, to $250.00 for the courier 25 pack.

There are also 25 packs of just the rockets: $75-210. And motor value packs:

A6-4 $35
B6-4 $39
C6-5 $42

Back