New Products - DFR Tech

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta-IV

Reaction score
For those interested:

I have started making display models based on my 18mm kits and some kit rocket accessories.

Kit Accessories:

Launch Pad for the Delta IV Heavy 24mm kit (plans and pad kit built per order)

Display mount for the 24mm heavy (available end of Nov - build per order)

Display Models:

Delta II with GPSIIR configuration (availble by mid-end of Nov)
Delta IV Medium 4+2 (bulk of missions use this configuration)
Delta IV Medium 5+4 (WGS missions use this configuration)
Delta IV Heavy (NRO heavy lift rocket)

These fully assembled displays are made of Resin, PVC Pipe, vinyl wraps and a finished wood base. A choice of "public domain" mission logos or a generic one are available for the Delta IV models.

The Atlas V model is in design with expected availability in January 2012.

Available at www.dfrtech.com/display-models.html

Re-Stock:

24mm Delta IV Heavy with laser cut plywood booster mounts, resin detail parts and waterproof vinyl wraps are available.

New batch of Delta II 18mm kits will be out soon (end of November).

Available at www.jonrocket.com

I got ahold of some of the 24mm stands. The version of the stands i received may still be in the prototype stage, but here are my thoughts:

One stand has 3 24mm mounts, meant to hold and display the dfrtech 24mm Delta IV Heavy kit. The other stand has a single 24mm mount, which is meant to display the dfrtech 24mm Delta IV Medium kits.

The bases of the stands are wood, with routed decorative edges, and have been stained. The mounts, which your rocket's motor mount slides onto, are 2.25 inches long. The bottom inch of the mount is surrounded with an angled circular piece which mimicks the Delta IVs bell engine nozzle(s). A gap exists between the stands nozzle and mount, so that the motor mount of the rocket can slide down the full 2.25" length of the display stand mount. There is a slit running down the length of the engine nozzle portion of the stand to accommodate the motor clip of the rocket.

Three (for the smaller stand) or four (for the larger stand) red, white, and blue felt stars are attached to the bottom of the stands i received. I assume the felt was added so that the flat base of the stand can be set onto a non perfectly flat area without wobbling, and so that sliding the stand around won't scratch the surface of the area the stand is resting on. The red, white, and blue stars are a nice touch, even if you don't normally see the stars.

6340392144_bfabc6ceb5.jpg

Overall, the stands are well constructed, attractive, and a great way to display your dfrtech.com Delta IV kits.

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks Bob for the review. All feedback is very welcome which helps me in making improvements.

Yes, the Stars (felt pads) are used to hopefully not scratch the surface of the furniture the stand is placed on. I normally use brown oval/circular thin felt pads but my supplier was out of stock, my wife had some craft supplies that came in very handy.

Back