New Product Release.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kandsrockets

Reaction score
K and S Rockets would like to announce the release of our Recovery Harnesses. We now have 9/16” Mil Spec Tubular Nylon Harnesses with sewn end loops. We carry in stock 15’, 20’ and 25’ harnesses and range in price from $11.50 to $18.50. We also offer custom length harness and Y bridles for those that like to use multi anchor points or fly multi chutes. For more information on ordering see our site at www.kandsrockets.com.

Picture%20043.jpg

Do you have an estimate on the load rating for these harnesses? Or do you have a range of rocket weights these would be suitable for? Any chance you'll be doing wider ones in the near future? (I'm just full of questions this morning, aren't I? :confused: )

Do you have an estimate on the load rating for these harnesses? Or do you have a range of rocket weights these would be suitable for? Any chance you'll be doing wider ones in the near future? (I'm just full of questions this morning, aren't I? :confused: )

The nylon is rated for 1500 pounds and I can tell you this, I connected one to a tree and the other end to my tractor and pulled till something gave and it was not the loops, the harness broke 4 feet from the end connect to the tree. I sew these the same way I do for 4" wide tow straps.

I have used these in a 55 pound 6" dia rocket and had no problems. I have also had one of these in a 4" dia rocket that the ejection charge was a little more than twice what it should have been and it took the shock with no problem.

As for wider harnesses, this is something we are looking into but I see no problem with using the 9/16" TN up to a 100+ pound rocket.

Okay, I'm impressed. :eek:

Do they come in :cool: colors or just white?

(Up to five posts now. Halfway to double digits. :p Wheeeeee...)

Okay, I'm impressed. :eek:

Do they come in :cool: colors or just white?

(Up to five posts now. Halfway to double digits. :p Wheeeeee...)

You can have any color you want as long as you order white....:D Sorry we only have white.

Well, I'm pleased. I put in an order for four of these harnesses this week, three in custom lengths (2, 5, and 10 feet) as well as a stock 15 footer. They came in today, and they look pretty solid.

Okay, they're not REALLY solid, they flop around a bit, but that's what harnesses are supposed to do. The stitching of the loops looks well done, a whole lot better than my one attempt to hand sew a loop onto a PML harness that had come untied at the worst possible moment (i.e. apogee in front of a large crowd).

Three of the harnesses (all but the 10 footer) will be joined via quicklink into a three-way harness connecting my L3 rocket's deployment bag (15 foot arm), the nose section (2 foot arm), and the drogue chute (5 foot arm). The 10 foot harness will connect my main chute to the lower section of the rocket.

Good jeorb, Scott! ^_^ Now I can add your website to the vendor list at the end of my Level 3 documentation.

(I wonder if RIT Dye will work on nylon....)

Last edited:
Well, I'm pleased. I put in an order for four of these harnesses this week, three in custom lengths (2, 5, and 10 feet) as well as a stock 15 footer. They came in today, and they look pretty solid.

Okay, they're not REALLY solid, they flop around a bit, but that's what harnesses are supposed to do. The stitching of the loops looks well done, a whole lot better than my one attempt to hand sew a loop onto a PML harness that had come untied at the worst possible moment (i.e. apogee in front of a large crowd).

Three of the harnesses (all but the 10 footer) will be joined via quicklink into a three-way harness connecting my L3 rocket's deployment bag (15 foot arm), the nose section (2 foot arm), and the drogue chute (5 foot arm). The 10 foot harness will connect my main chute to the lower section of the rocket.

Good jeorb, Scott! ^_^ Now I can add your website to the vendor list at the end of my Level 3 documentation.

(I wonder if RIT Dye will work on nylon....)

Tom I am glad you like them. I had read somewhere that you can dye nylon and it will not hurt the fiber. I was looking for the info but can not remember where I read it.

Back