New Paveway III

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PWALPOCO

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Just spent most of this morning putting this New Estes Paveway III together.

I must be addicted as I couldnt put the thing down and forgot to do piccies as I built the thing. Sorry :(

Anyway , pretty standard stuff though this is the first time Ive done thru the wall fins. I found the slots that are kind of preformed to be somewhat oversized. This gave me a bit of stress. I found that to really get anywhere with this part of the job you have push on with the reinforcer panels quite promptly to help set the fins in place.

The quality of the fin balsa was really good, the reinforcers are quite lightweight though but seem apropriate for the job of just helping to retain the fins.

Other than that Ive no real major revelations with this kit though it does look really cool now its taking shape.

Anyway , to the piccies .....

Paul

One more partial piccie.

Ive got a few more trivial things like the lug and the shock cord mount then on to the painting ......

Paul

Oh Thanks a lot! I didn't choose this one at WM the other day but now that I see yours, I'm just going to have run back and get this too:eek:
When I get it done I'll "not post" pictures of that too:eek:

Looks nice! Good work
Bob

ps: that's a heck of a way to bump up the old post count!

Great Pic's! Looks pretty cool. What kind of glue do I see on the fins? The glue looks really clear.

This is a cool rocket. I had been thinking about scratch building one until I heard that this kit was coming out. One caution. I found out the hard way that this kit is unstable in high winds. Pick a calm day.

flying_silverad

The glue Im using is a strong general purpose glue which goes clear. Ive no idea what formula its based on other than to say it works. My bullpup is held together with the stuff and thats survived a few flights and so is the Phoenix which happily handles me picking it up by one fin ( well , I had to see if it would hold didnt I LOL), not flown that though.

Paul

Originally posted by PWALPOCO
flying_silverad

The glue Im using is a strong general purpose glue which goes clear. Ive no idea what formula its based on other than to say it works. My bullpup is held together with the stuff and thats survived a few flights and so is the Phoenix which happily handles me picking it up by one fin ( well , I had to see if it would hold didnt I LOL), not flown that though.

Paul

So who makes it? :confused:

I had a blast putting mine together...this is a fun kit! The Thru-the-wall fins slots are a bit loose, but they can still be readily glued to the motor mount...you just have to make sure they stay straight until dried. You are going to love the way it flies!!! It is one of my two favorites out of the four that came out. My other is the cluster bomb, but I modded it to take 24mm F24W's and all I can say is OMG! Here are a few pics of my Paveway:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/ctulanko/album/index.php?dir=gbu24

This Paveway screams upscale...Good luck with yours! :)

Carl

Back