New Patrachute Vendor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
I ran across some small (10" & 12") Hemispherical and Quarterspherical parachutes on eBay.

The name of the company is Anchor Parachutes

His website is: https://www.anchorparachutes.com/

The quality of manufacture is right out of this world.

If you need something, he really merits a look. I've never seen him before so there might be an opportunity for some of you guys with budding businesses to set up a distribution arrangement.

A

I won a small chute on an Ebay auction from this guy and it is a very well made product. I suspect the quarter sphere design is much more effecient than a comparable size flat chute. I invited him to TRF, but he hasn't made his presence known yet.

EDIT: I just saw the new thread in vendors. Check his site out. The chutes are worth the price.

Thanks Guys for the posting. I posted a note of our business in the vendors quite a while ago.

I'm glad you like the chutes, they have been developed through more testing than you can imagine. I had started the design in 1997 and have made hundreds, right with my own hands. Needless to say there is a efficient sewing process that allows me to work them up in a reasonable amount of time.

Many (all) of the early chutes were custom work. I still like the custom work as every customers new chute is a interesting opportunity to streatch my abilities for new designs. Plus it's fun to get to know what people are making for rockets.

There are a few theories about the Quartersphere designs from a number of posts about 4 years ago on RMR. I liked the shape and do a few other sizes like this as well. It's got a spherical shape but just a little less sail area than a full Hemisphere chute. It's proposed that it creates almost as much Drag Cd. as the Hemi.

But whatever... it's a fun chute to make.

I'm open for discussions with vendors...
[email protected]

Thanks rbeckey, Hospital_Rocket. let me know how they fly for you...

Cheers

Bruce Feaver
www.anchorparachutes.com

For the record, my wife tells me that the stitchery is exquisite and there is a woman involved somewhere here.:)

Grin... Nope Just a Man that has made over 500 of these things. One by one and many a Saturday , Sunday.... Grin.

I'm picky....

Cheers

Bruce

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
I ran across some small (10" & 12") Hemispherical and Quarterspherical parachutes on eBay.

I've got a 12" on the way. Looks like just the thing for the Weasel.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket

His website is: https://www.anchorparachutes.com/

The quality of manufacture is right out of this world.

I've tested mine. It's a nice chute for close landing a meduim sized bird. It's got a pretty good sized spill hole in the center so it's not a slow chute, but there's hardly any drift. It lands the Weasel as good as a the chute it came with, and closer to the pad. I wouldn't use the design on something likely to land on its fins.

Back