New Ozark GPS Model

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trenman

Reaction score
I am soon to be the proud new owner of the NEW model Ozark Aerospace GPS system to replace their 900mhz model. Just the transmitter is different. It is smaller and does not piggy back but the GPS is better. I recieved this email this morning.

..."Also, we are in the process of rolling out a new transmitter model. We are
actually just getting ready to do the first production run. It is smaller,
lighter, and has a MUCH better GPS unit than the old one. It is totally
compatible with the old one. The one real difference is that you cannot
mount an ARTS altimeter directly onto it. I apologize that the website has
not yet been updated to reflect the new model. You will actually be the
first to receive a new one. If this is unacceptable, please let me know so I
can cancel the order."

Thanks,
Erik

I requested specs so stay tuned. I will post copiuously when I receive the unit!!

damn I really wanted a new one!! Im going to have to ask him if you can transmit 2 of them in 2 different rockets and pick up both signals.

Ben

damn I really wanted a new one!! Im going to have to ask him if you can transmit 2 of them in 2 different rockets and pick up both signals.

Ben

I shall ask on your behalf my friend. I cant wait to post a detailed review!

From Erik at Ozark

"The unit now comes with a uBlox LEA-5 GPS module. The size of the unit is 1.75" x 5.28" x approx 0.5". The radio module is still the same Digi 9Xtend. The new unit is essentially the same as the older unit, just smaller and with a way better GPS unit."

I am getting the pre production model sent priority. Will post pics asap.

From Erik at Ozark

"The unit now comes with a uBlox LEA-5 GPS module. The size of the unit is 1.75" x 5.28" x approx 0.5". The radio module is still the same Digi 9Xtend. The new unit is essentially the same as the older unit, just smaller and with a way better GPS unit."

Im lost if that means yes or no?? :p I thought these were on different channels. Im going to have to play with it again!

Ben

didnt happen to notice what was new on it did you JD?

I talked to Erik for a bit & said it had longer record times & a third channel.
I did notice that it did have a mini USB 2 port.

I later sent him my first ARTS 1 unit that needed work & asked again about it.
Didn't say much as to when it will be available.

JD

didnt happen to notice what was new on it did you JD?

As promised, The NEW Ozark GPS Model has arrived. Here is a sneak peek. More data to come. Night time for me

WAY bigger receiver than expected, but not HUGE. Im sure it works well...
pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

All of these are pictures with the regular ARTS2 telemetry/altimeter to the left

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic.jpg

pic1.jpg

Woah these pics are WAY to big and suck... thatll have to change tomorrow. Sorry everybody...

Latest posts

Back