• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New or Like New Loki 76-8000 Case and Cert 3 Large Chute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Hello all,
After losing Hyperion at LDRS, I need to replace the stuff I borrowed.

I'd like to see if anyone has any of the components I need before I buy from a vendor.

Needed:

1) Cert 3 Large chute (new or very good condition)
1) Loki 76-7600 case (new)
1) AMW 76 nozzle (used)
1) AMW Forward closure. (used)

Let me know if you have anything. Thanks!

Last edited:
I can't help you with these, but good on you for replacing what was lost. Hopefully Hyperion decides to make it home soon, and make this discussion moot!

Hello all,
After losing Hyperion at LDRS, I need to replace the stuff I borrowed.

I'd like to see if anyone has any of the components I need before I buy from a vendor.

Needed:

1) Cert 3 Large chute (new or very good condition)
1) Loki 76-7600 case, nozzle, and closure. (New)

Let me know if you have anything. Thanks!

Gary at ag-71 is a good bet for a 7600 case; just got one from his recently for a very affordable price. AMW/Pro-X for internals if they still have them, Gorilla if they still have them, or Loki will have them, but you'll have to tell Scott what throat you want and note that the nozzle and bulkheads lengths are not the same as the AMW style you used for the M1450W.

-Eric-

Gary at ag-71 is a good bet for a 7600 case; just got one from his recently for a very affordable price. AMW/Pro-X for internals if they still have them, Gorilla if they still have them, or Loki will have them, but you'll have to tell Scott what throat you want and note that the nozzle and bulkheads lengths are not the same as the AMW style you used for the M1450W.

-Eric-

I suspect whomever he borrowed from would expect a return in kind of a Loki case. It would be in poor spirit to do so otherwise without consent of the
other party. That said, if Matt replaces said items and the rocket comes home to roost, he'll now own the hardware and chute for future purposes.

Kurt

Unfortunately, that was a brand new Loki 76/8000 case. Most times I'm good with generics, but I happen to have a Loki 8000 load. We all know if something happens, Scott will not honor any warranty in a generic case, nor would I expect him to. Thanks Matt for stepping up on this. There's no rush.

Unfortunately, that was a brand new Loki 76/8000 case. Most times I'm good with generics, but I happen to have a Loki 8000 load. We all know if something happens, Scott will not honor any warranty in a generic case, nor would I expect him to. Thanks Matt for stepping up on this. There's no rush.

Ooops, sorry Jim, Kurt, I saw "7600" and knew the load used and assumed it was AMW hardware. I need to read closer; agreed it should be replaced with a new 76-8000 genuine Loki hardware set.

Didn't mean to slight you, Jim....I was thinking it was AMW which is why I pointed out Loki hardware internals do not equal AMW hardware internals. I goofed!:cool::facepalm:

Ohh geezzz Matt,,
Man do I feel for you..
I'm sorry,,
it just never dawned on me that some of what was in the rocket was borrowed..
I really am sorry man...

Teddy

I would chip in something... just saying. I feel bad for Matt. I wish I had know while we were out there, I would have tried to help in the search.

Looks like someone needs a Go Fund Me page.

Looks like someone needs a Go Fund Me page.
Considered this, but it's a mistake I made and it's something I need to own up to. I'd feel guilty taking money from a gofundme.

Just know that the rebuild of this rocket (assuming it's not found) will be the sickest rocket ever.

Ok, clarification #2.

AMW nozzle and forward bulkhead was not new. I don't expect new as replacements.

Did he lend you the nozzle washer and snap rings? My AMW 7600 washer had a larger id than the standard one and wasn't cheap.

Snap rings, yes, washer no. Gloria charged him 20$,yes 20$ for a nozzle washer..... Unreal.
Which reminds me... i have some of your stuff mixed with my stuff in the garage but I haven't had a chance to go sort it out yet.

That is hideous.

Not sure why their washer is more than anyone elses. Ken had a machinist make a bunch of them once, that is the price difference. I had to have them, because they are the only ones that have an ID big enough to slide over the AT or CTI nozzle when burning them in a snap ring case.
I bought one but I had some ones from Ken and had Ed Romani cut the bigger ID for me. Any machinist can cut them, it's an easy cut. I already had some older washers so I just cut those.

Back