new old guy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doxiedog315

Reaction score
Took a while to get on,but lots of good reading! Haven't flown for about 10 yrs,but jumping back in! building (1)areotec tomahawk-needs finish paint.(2) appoge aspire,needs paint (3)u.s. rockets hi-test 2225,3xD12 two stage,under assembly now. the first two are f-20 econo powered,........question..doe's building rockets allways cause rain? seems like that here,in central calif...thank you all, jerry d.

Originally posted by doxiedog315
......question..does building rockets always cause rain? seems like that here,in central calif...

Our version of that question, here in north Texas, goes like this: Does building rockets always cause windy days?

We're glad to have you join us here on TRF, we hope you join in here often to share your experiences too. The more the merrier.

doxiedog the answer to your question is yes, building rockets does always cause rain in Central California. :) I'm up the hill just a piece from you in Sonora. Will be going to LUNAR shoots when they start up in Livermore. Hope to see you there and welcome to TRF.

hhmmm

Here in the North-East (New England, specifically), building rockets causes *snow*...

...or is it snow that causes the *building of rockets*...???

hhmmmm

:D

welcome to TRF :) you're gonna like it here!

Although we get our share of rain, snow and wind in Upstate NY, I always thought that building rockets causes TREES to grow!!

:D

Welcome aboard, doxiedog!

Building rockets does cause rain and wind which turns cold which causes it to turn to snow which make you build rockets which causes it to turn to rain again which melts the snow and all that water run off which causes trees to grow...which makes you build more rockets...etc...the cycle repeats...

Yer all right!

sandman

Hmmm...looks like we forgot a very important cause..

..building rockets causes unnaturally addictive behavior, true self satisfaction and is just plain fun! Note that this behavior pattern is followed by the launching of said rockets, which is a whole separate issue in itself!!! :)

Doxie, welcome to the Rocketry Forum. I don't think you could have found a nicer bunch of guys with one love in common...Rocketry! About the only rules here are to have fun and talk about building and flying rockets....oh yea, pics...LOTS of pics. We want to see your pride n joy!

Once again Welcome,

Carl

Jerry,
How was your US Rockets experience? What is the quality of their product? I have interst in several of their kits, but don't know anyone that has dealt with them.

The Kit seems to be very good,light weight and well made....But they only ship about every two weeks.sooooooo,if you can hold on,it will finally come.I"m looking forward to flying this one,first cluster and stage rocket on "D"s....... doxie.

I think you guys have it wrong. It's not "building rockets" that causes bad weather, it's "scheduling a launch" that causes it!

Originally posted by NUBlackshirts
I think you guys have it wrong. It's not "building rockets" that causes bad weather, it's "scheduling a launch" that causes it!

Building Rockets - causes rain
Scheduling Launches - causes rain
Planning to attend a Launch - Causes rain

We might want to consider building Ark's along with our rockets :D

AT least ,some people are above the 0/0 fog level,when it's not raining!.....doxie

Originally posted by doxiedog315
AT least ,some people are above the 0/0 fog level,when it's not raining!.....doxie

Thats true - was mentioning that to the wife this am - had a nice day last week to atleast shoot some primer and also another window this am to shoot 2 more with primer before the cloud cover came in. :)

Here in the Uk the trees get up and walk into the flight path, and the weather is fine until you go outside with your range box and a few rockets and then ...........................
David:mad:

speaking of rain...

my cousin whos been living in the u.s. for about 3 years is moving back to brazil today, and i wanted to show her a launch and all before she left...

well, had everything ready... thought it would be great to have a christmas eve launch, but of course IT HAS TO RAIN... gah...

and just on a side note, in nyc there havin f16's flyin around and i hear police choppers alot so i dunno what there gonna be thinkin about all these rockets flyin around...

Originally posted by DavRedf
Here in the Uk the trees get up and walk into the flight path, and the weather is fine until you go outside with your range box and a few rockets and then ...........................
David:mad:

and you have no idea... the first launch of my pheonix does what? goes into the only tree anywhere on this huge field...

Back