New NRC Contest Year Kick Off Launch 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fulldec

Reaction score
As we did after last NARAM, we will be having an NRC launch of the first day of the new contest year (on the heels of NARAM-62), Saturday, July 31st, in Geneseo, NY. I expect this to be a low key, self run event. Many of the NARAM-62 and last year's NRC models could be flown in this year's events.

This launch comes with same ground rules as last time.

• This would be a B(Bring or Borrow)YO range gear-type event, ie launchers (I expect those could be shared), altimeter readers(I have a Firefly reader for us), stopwatches, payloads, etc, since the NARAM equipment will have to be packed up the day before. This shouldn't be a big deal for this crowd.
  • I will provide entry cards, flight cards, some stopwatches, and digital thermometer. I will not have a computer to read altimeters. If you need one, best bring one. If someone volunteers to bring one to share, I’ll post here.
There is no cost to flying this event and no formal preregistration. I will buy eggs for those flying eggloft, so please let me know if you intend to fly eggloft.

I plan to start around 10 am and run until 2 (or until flyers quit flying). If you want to start earlier, let me know. I will be camping on the field, so it is not a big deal.

I have volunteered to be the CD for the event. I would like to get an idea of how many will be participating. If you think you would stick around and likely get yourself in the Top 10 nationally, please send me a note at fulldec2001@... and let me know.
1/4A Streamer Duration

As a reminder, I've listed the 2021-2022 NRC events below. We had a lot of fun last time we did this, I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Thanks all,

Don Carson, NAR#11069

2021-2022 NRC Events

1/4A Streamer Duration

1/2A Rocket/Glide

A Parachute Duration

A Helicopter Duration

B Eggloft Altitude

B Altitude

Sport Scale

New Contest Year Kick Off update

The guidelines for entering Sport Scale in NRC have been posted here (https://www.nar.org/contest-flying/) including specifics for how to submit your substantiation data electronically. Although it reads like you might have to submit your data before you can fly at the Kick Off NRC event on 7/31, Dan assures me that is not the case. You can fly and we will assess the flight points per the new guidance and you can follow up with submitting the substantiation data afterwards.

Several folks have volunteered to bring their laptops for downloading altimeter data, thanks all.

Lastly, I had a request to start at 9 instead of 10, so that’s what we are doing.

See you in Geneseo!

Don

Back