New Nozzles for 3 Aerotech Reload Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Whitmore

Reaction score
Aerotech has announced their intention to replace the ‘medusa’-style nozzles in three 75mm reload kits with single-throat phenolic nozzles. These single-throat nozzles are configured to give the same Kn as the previously used medusa arrangement. The motors involved are the K560W in the corresponding CTI case, the K1000T, and the L1150R, both in Aerotech cases. The TMT committee has reviewed in-house testing data and seen no significant difference in any performance metric and has extended TMT certification to reload kits incorporating the new nozzles.

These reload kits will be offered to the public with new instruction sheets.

Alan Whitmore, Chair TMT

After discussion with Karl Baumann, I want to clarify a point. Aerotech eventually plans to switch all 75mm reloads over to the single-throat nozzle configuration. The 75mm phenolic medusa nozzle will still remain available for purchase by EX'ers (through the RCS website)until the current batch is gone. I have asked AT to send me copies of all in-house spot-check data for these substitutions in order to monitor the likelihood (explained in the first post) that all performance metrics will remain the same, or very similar.

Alan Whitmore, Chair TMT

Back