New motors certified

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The H13 should be available in 2-3 weeks. The G8 is not yet certified.
Have you made any progress getting the NFPA to raise the maximum casing temperature?
Can't you just redesign the G8, using what you have learned with the H13?

The certified version has the thinner case and thicker liner.
Ya I heard that.

Are you going to switch the 29mm end burn EMK over to the thinner case and thicker liner? I had to sand the liner down to get it in the case, do the other ones fit better or did I get some that were slightly the wrong size?

Unfortunately no. Through a series of unfortunate events, my proposal was rejected by the committee and it will be at least four years before it can be considered again.

Yes, the G8 (and the G12) will be redesigned and resubmitted to TMT with the new case and liner.

Have you made any progress getting the NFPA to raise the maximum casing temperature?
Can't you just redesign the G8, using what you have learned with the H13?

Yes I will do that. The thinner liners were always a close fit in the thicker casing. The new ones fit a little better.

Ya I heard that.

Are you going to switch the 29mm end burn EMK over to the thinner case and thicker liner? I had to sand the liner down to get it in the case, do the other ones fit better or did I get some that were slightly the wrong size?

Correct, some G motors require L1 certification but
cannot be used in a cert flight. ANY CERTIFIED H motor can be used to cert, I don't care what apogee or anyone else says. It's simple coded rules.

I emailed Apogee about this and recieved the following response:

--
Hi Joshua,

After checking with some coworkers I figured out why it was the case that the H226 cannot be used for L1 certifications. It is a "Skidmark" motor, which means that the smoke of the motor is sparking. It used to be the case that you could not use sparking motor for your L1 certification, but that is no longer the case. So the H226 probably slipped through when we updated our motors with the change of this policy.

My manager updated the H226 page, and this motor can be used for certification. Thanks for catching that for us!

If you have any other questions let me know.
--

Back