New Motors Certified, Oct 16, 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be good for at least one 75-5120 FastJack a year. The idea of selling the parts for use as EX loads would be workable as long as the individual parts don't cost more than the kitted and certified motor. I would ask that somewhere the recommended nozzle, liner, etc be published.
They’ve been available for years. That’s what I’m saying, people want a lot of different things but they rarely buy them.
http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/cu...reloadable/rms-75_5120/l1170fj-p_tra_cert.pdfAnd all the reload kit parts information has been published for many years on the AT website.

I'd be down for more 75/1280, 2560 and 3840 loads in Blackjack (and Green). And there's only one 98 Blackjack. So to put my mouth where my money is, I'll buy a M1800 on Wildman's Black sale. And I'll fly that bugger at AirFest. Heck maybe even just at a QCRC club launch... ;) :cool:

But I'd especially like more loads for the 75/1280 and 2560. I love the K560W, and the K780 is OK, but a Blackjack (or even a Green) would be awesome!

They’ve been available for years. That’s what I’m saying, people want a lot of different things but they rarely buy them.
http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/cu...reloadable/rms-75_5120/l1170fj-p_tra_cert.pdfAnd all the reload kit parts information has been published for many years on the AT website.

I think AeroTech makes way too many different HPR motors.
AeroTech should discontinue 30% of their HPR motor product line (SU and RMS). The motors that would be discontinued would be based on sales volumes. Low sales=discontinued. Obviously, more 'H' motors sell than 'N' motors so that needs to be taken into account.

Discontinuing motors would free up resources that could go towards keeping more popular motors in-stock.

AeroTech could announce one last production run for these motors before LDRS next year. Dealers would place orders for the motors to be discontinued (Or not) and after that production run that would be it for those motors.

'Discontinued' motors could always be re-introduced if demand justifies it.

I disagree and I know others who do as well. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I like the single grain 75 mm case and would fly it (and design rockets for it) much more frequently if there was a wider selection other than just the one load.

yup, I like the single grain 75 and would love a Super Thunder load for it

C5900E01-4EB2-4150-BCCC-17DF9CD9B6B9.jpeg

I just want to climb up onto my soapbox and take a moment to say....

THANK YOU AEROTECH!!!!!

You've been here since the beginning, mainly because you helped create all of this. I just wanted to say thank you for decades of supporting this amazing hobby. My first motor above an Estes D was in 1991 and was an Aerotech G80T in a Mustang; nearly lost it on the first flight!!

I still burn that same motor and a LOT more now 30 years later.

I just wanted to say that we all appreciate you and the support you dedicate to us all.

I second some more ST loads. A stubby ST load would be AWESOME in rockets like the WM Jart and others similar.
Thanks for the comments, it’s been a wild and fun ride indeed! We have a fantastic team right now, and I look forward to working with them every day. The hobby rocket business has provided jobs for a lot of people over the years. Not just for AeroTech/ISP/Quest but also for our dealers and distributors who are an essential part of the supply chain, and our competitors. The opportunities and challenges never seem to end…There’s always something to invent, improve or fix. We get a lot of suggestions for products, and I’m sure you understand there are performance, marketing and logistical considerations to take into account. This one is pretty straightforward, and now multiple people have requested it. So because of that, I’m going to design a single grain 75mm ST load this week. 😁

Thanks for the comments, it’s been a wild and fun ride indeed! We have a fantastic team right now, and I look forward to working with them every day. The hobby rocket business has provided jobs for a lot of people over the years. Not just for AeroTech/ISP/Quest but also for our dealers and distributors who are an essential part of the supply chain, and our competitors. The opportunities and challenges never seem to end…There’s always something to invent, improve or fix. We get a lot of suggestions for products, and I’m sure you understand there are performance, marketing and logistical considerations to take into account. This one is pretty straightforward, and now multiple people have requested it. So because of that, I’m going to design a single grain 75mm ST load this week. 😁

Completely understand and appreciate all that Aerotech and the industry has done to support the hobbyist. Personally, I have had the pleasure of riding along with you all since the mid 90's

Look forward to the new 75mm ST load and the release of the J615.

keep up the great work!

-Sean 'Theory Rocketry'

Are you planning any new 75mm motors that would give the M2245 or M2020 IMAX loads a run for their money?
In theory a Propellant X reload for the 75/7680 case could get over 9000 N-s, assuming the same scaling as the L1940X to L850W (but the scaling between M1297W and M2250X is nowhere near that favorable.)

No, but you’re giving us ideas. 😉

How about a matched set:
Start with a 3G75 Propellant-X hard boosting L-2400 or whatever you can do.
Paired with a long-burn 38 and/or 54mm loads that when flown as a complex two-stage stays just barely under M-impulse.

So a new 3G75 L and a long-burn 38 and 54's (one each) totaling 5000ns when flown as a 75/54 or 75/38 combo.
Makes a great two-stage "kit" for level-2 fliers.

No, but you’re giving us ideas. 😉
I'd love something like the M2020 in the 7680 case. That could be my BALLS or high waiver motor. The M2245 is awesome but it's in a 41 inch motor casing, so I don't know if you can do something like that (perhaps in the Kosdon/Aerotech line - does anyone still sell the 75/7600 case)? If you can, over 40,000 feet in a minimum diameter, carbon fiber, aluminum fin can rocket?! Sign me up!

I'll Big Daddy that.

How about a matched set:
Start with a 3G75 Propellant-X hard boosting L-2400 or whatever you can do.
Paired with a long-burn 38 and/or 54mm loads that when flown as a complex two-stage stays just barely under M-impulse.

So a new 3G75 L and a long-burn 38 and 54's (one each) totaling 5000ns when flown as a 75/54 or 75/38 combo.
Makes a great two-stage "kit" for level-2 fliers.
What he said!

Sell it as an Ex loading to gauge interest and if there is enough, get it certified.

You make it, I'll fly it in my Wildman Demon 5, no question.

Sell it as an Ex loading to gauge interest and if there is enough, get it certified.
You can't do that .... against the rules....
You can only sell certified motors.

Actually - I guess you can sell whatever you want. A person can't fly them at a TRA launch.

One can buy the individual parts and make their own load, yes; however a vendor cannot sell a kit labeled as an “EX load.”

You can buy the parts, grains and whatever is needed to make a complete motor from RCS and fly them at any Tripoli Research launch.

Thank you Jim for expanding on my post. You knew what I was trying to say! :)

To others posting. Yes, I know you cannot technically sell an Ex load. You can though sell the parts through RCS, purchase, and then fly as a research. I just suck and typing what I mean and expect the reader to read my mind. ;-)

Thankfully Jim saw what I meant and wrote what I meant to say and not what I actually said. Story of my life. 🤣

Yes, I know you cannot technically sell an Ex load. You can though sell the parts through RCS, purchase, and then fly as a research.

This does seem to be a legal, but violates the spirit of the rule, IMHO.
The "motor builder" is now really just the "motor assembler" and probably knows very little about the propellant they are using.
How is this really different from selling a certified load other than you order parts individually and they don't come in the same bag?
The real "motor builder" will not be at the launch.

A research load - to me - needs to be flown by somebody involved in the propellant manufacturing.
Perhaps I should start a biz selling my grains to be used with OTS nozzles and cases....what is stopping this?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back