New Motors Certified, Oct 16, 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the idea of taking a lot of the slower selling items and making them a once or twice a year pre-order only item.

I'm not sure that it is possible, but if blue thunder could be tamed enough to put into the 38/720 case that would be amazing.
The Super Thunder motors are super popular and the 75/2560 and 75/3480 cases are begging for it.

agree, though would recommend letting Aerotech determine what is popular and what isnt. hard to tell when we only see a small segment of the market.

agree on a blue load for the 38.720 case! ...but then again, i really like the blue loads!!! fly more of those than any other propellant. flew all three 54mm Blue Thunder loads this past weekend and will be buying many more here soon.

keep up the great work Aerotech!

I love the idea of taking a lot of the slower selling items and making them a once or twice a year pre-order only item. That would open up the catalog quite a bit, and keep dealers from having crazy inventory and clogging things up with slow moving product. On the other hand I would guess some of the more popular items can't be kept in stock.

I see very few Black Max, BlackJack, and Metalstorm motors flown in recent times. All size 1 grain motors and 2 grain 98mm motors do not seem to be very popular. The endburning motors - although very cool, do not seem to be super popular. Although the new ST 29mm endburners seem to be pretty interesting and well received so far.

Since I must put a request in ;) These are really the motors I feel are missing from the current selection (without going into weird boutique motors)
I'm not sure that it is possible, but if blue thunder could be tamed enough to put into the 38/720 case that would be amazing.
The Super Thunder motors are super popular and the 75/2560 and 75/3480 cases are begging for it.
A Propellant X reload for the 98/7680 or 98/10240 case (baby N?).
Nailed it.... nailed all of it.... :)

Trying to figure this out a bit - the statements seem contradictory. The vendors are bursting at the seems and trailers are overloaded, but they can't keep items in stock?

For a while now, the 38mm and 54mm motors seem to be easily and readily available, but it is often difficult to find many of the 75mm and 98mm motors. They seem to sell out pretty quick. I had to wait months to get my hands on M2050s, L2500s, and a few other motors.

Are you seeing slow movement on the smaller motors but good sales on the larger motors? Or is it specific propellants that aren't selling?

As the holidays sales are right around the corner, this information would be helpful for me to formulate my shopping list. I buy most of my motors during these sales and stock up for the year. If you have a list of "slow movers" that are sitting around in vendor stock and may be on the chopping block, I wouldn't mind targeting that inventory this year to help vendors out and stock up myself.
Simple, they don’t have enough room to carry sufficient quantities of everything that the manufacturers are already producing.

Simple, they don’t have enough room to carry sufficient quantities of everything that the manufacturers are already producing.

One would think/believe/hope that the vendors had their own best financial interest at heart first and foremost RE what sells and what does not or does not turn often. At least know it good enough to know what and how much to stock vs. what to keep as "Special order, click to agree to lead time". ESPECIALLY seeing as many of the vendors are local/regional and are best suited to know the clientele and fields and type of launching that they support actively enough to keep a positive bank balance.

Otherwise they'd have a tremendous amount of money tied up in effectively dead stock.....and probably wouldn't remain vendors for long.

Those that do keep deep stock on slow/low turn items, from my experience, are those guys with the big trailers with bins for EVERYTHING anyway, and do a rather brisk internet business as well as the face-to-face.

agree, though would recommend letting Aerotech determine what is popular and what isnt. hard to tell when we only see a small segment of the market.

agree on a blue load for the 38.720 case! ...but then again, i really like the blue loads!!! fly more of those than any other propellant. flew all three 54mm Blue Thunder loads this past weekend and will be buying many more here soon.

keep up the great work Aerotech!

Agree 100%. There would be no reason not to use real numbers to make a decision like that. Just making observations from 18 years of attending high power launches :)

And yes! Blue loads for all! I've flown more K1100's than any other motor!

One would think/believe/hope that the vendors had their own best financial interest at heart first and foremost RE what sells and what does not or does not turn often. At least know it good enough to know what and how much to stock vs. what to keep as "Special order, click to agree to lead time". ESPECIALLY seeing as many of the vendors are local/regional and are best suited to know the clientele and fields and type of launching that they support actively enough to keep a positive bank balance.

Otherwise they'd have a tremendous amount of money tied up in effectively dead stock.....and probably wouldn't remain vendors for long.

Those that do keep deep stock on slow/low turn items, from my experience, are those guys with the big trailers with bins for EVERYTHING anyway, and do a rather brisk internet business as well as the face-to-face.
Many motors are “trendy”, they will be in high demand one season and sit on the shelves the next. Difficult to predict their popularity.

Quite frankly I don’t recall anyone else asking for more 75/2560 loads, at least not recently.

Often we will develop and certify a motor because it serves a specific purpose or satisfies a particular demand.

International customers can use the M2050X for L3 certification because it can be sold without State Department licensing, as it uses no more than 5.0 lbs of propellant. Very high efficiency was required to achieve this. The M2050X has the highest delivered specific impulse of any high power motor. Higher than even the Space Shuttle SRBs (247 vs. 242 sec).

The L1940X for the 75/3840 case will be released soon and you should like that. Same Isp as the Shuttle boosters, and lots of weightlifting ability. That motor was requested to serve a specific market (college rocket teams).

I've personally been asking for both 75mm 2 and 3 grain FJ loads since 2017.

No, in the NARCON presentation I said that the release would be this year on a date TBD.
Is there a date when the N1975 will be available on the market? Thanks!

Ohhhh @AeroTech

Any word on the N1975W?

Curious.....

Also, could this be loaded in the 15360 case with the standard length liner and RCS grains?

Edit: Ignore the above, I am an idiot. :)

Last edited:
Finally flew a L1940X at the Dalzell field last weekend. It will be included in the launch video when I get it uploaded.

I have one as well from when I picked up the order with the K750ST and all the W9 loads I bought from Tim a few months ago.

Looking forward to flying my 5" Super Jart on that load at MWP in 2 weeks!!

What did you fly it in?

@rfjustin has the M2050X loaded up for MWP and I think he and I are going to open up MWP on Friday with dueling M's in 5" rockets. His M2050X in a 5" Composite Warehouse (I think?) kit and my Demon 5 on an M1780NT. Should be awesome!!

I have one as well from when I picked up the order with the K750ST and all the W9 loads I bought from Tim a few months ago.

What did you fly it in?

@rfjustin has the M2050X loaded up for MWP and I think he and I are going to open up MWP on Friday with dueling M's in 5" rockets. His M2050X in a 5" Composite Warehouse (I think?) kit and my Demon 5 on an M1780NT. Should be awesome!!
5" Composite Warehouse parts, just added some simple shaped fins, should scoot on the 2050X. :)
sdvsdvsdvvsvvdv.JPG

What did you fly it in?
Rocketry Warehouse 6" Black Brant II. 40 lb. on the pad. 4330 feet.

Back