New Motor Certifications w/out Hazmat

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loki Research

Motor Manufacturer
Reaction score
I'm sure there are those who do not follow the Loki Research thread in the Vendor section, so for those who do not yet know, Loki Research has recently certified 6 new 38mm reloads, 5 of which can be shipped via USPS without a haz-mat fee.

This makes 14 total Loki reloads from "G" to "I" impulse that can be shipped without haz-mat.

The first of these new reloads is in a class all it's own. The K-627 Loki Red is certain to smash some of your personal best records for both altitude and speed.
The CT designation is for Cocktail reloads which are typically loaded with half blue and half red propellant but with very different grain lengths and core sizes so that they not only burn out at the same time, but also so that they contain no more than 30g of propellant, and thus have no haz-mat fees.
The IB designation is for Ice Blue. This is simply one blue and one white grain so that in a small case size you can actually see some flame and "show" throughout the entire motor burn rather than a flicker of blue at ignition and then nothing.

K627LR (requires a #25 nozzle instead of the standard #28)
Case Class 38-1200
Total Impulse 1518.691 NS
Max Impulse 987.708 N
Average 627.881 N
Burntime 2.418
TMT Metric K627 (18.6% K)

I377CT
Case Class 38-480
Total Impulse 522.2865 NS
Max Impulse 659.37875 N
Average 377.565 N
Burntime 1.383
TMT Metric I377 (63% I)

H125CT
Case Class 38-240
Total Impulse 240.428 NS
Max Impulse 205.88 N
Average 124.4936 N
Burntime 1.931
TMT Metric H124 (50% H)

G66LR
Case Class 38-120
Total Impulse 134.457 NS
Max Impulse 115.72 N
Average 68.445 N
Burntime 1.9645
TMT Metric G68 (68% G)

G70CT
Case Class 38-120
Total Impulse 119.0677 NS
Max Impulse 101.37 N
Average 70.039 N
Burntime 1.7
TMT Metric G70 (48% G)

HP-GP94IB
Case Class 38-120
Total Impulse 121.1148 NS
Max Impulse 131.0917 N
Average 94.222 N
Burntime 1.285
TMT Metric HP-G94 (51% G)

Remember that these non-hazmat motors are all regressive burn profiles creating the highest amount of thrust right at ignition, right when you need it the most. These reloads are incredibly great for lifting heavy fiberglass rocket, getting your speed off the rail as high as possible ensuring a straighter flight (especially on those windy days) and a shorter walk for recovery.

The majority of these reloads that were on hand have already been shipped to dealers. The Cocktail reloads will be replenished as soon as possible but are currently out of stock on the Loki website. I didn't want to make too many of any of these in the remote chance that there was some unforeseen problem with certifications and changes had to be made to the grain geometries. I didn't want to waist a lot of propellant if that had happened.

So for all of you LP fliers out there, Loki Research now has 5 reloads for the 38/120 case, all between $16.50 and $18.50 per reload, two of which are considered High Power due to throwing sparks or having >80Ns average thrust.

If you haven't heard about the high reliability of Loki Research reloads or their ease of use, I encourage you to take a close look here, www.lokiresearch.com. Go to the 38mm and 54mm hardware pages in the "Products" section and watch the videos on motor assembly and see how easy these are to assemble. Maybe now is the time you made a positive change to keep your fleet intact. Choose extreme performance, choose extreme reliability and choose Loki Research for your flights today.

Thank you very much,

My greatest compliments on these new loads Scott...
They are cool on a new level...
I said before I was proud to be a Loki Research distributor...
Now even more so...

Teddy

While there are quite a lot of things I'm going to really miss in my exit from rocketry, I've got to say that flying Loki (and missing out on the great new stuff) is very high on the list.
Great stuff, Scott. Thanks for doing what you do.

s6

Very cool motors. I jumped on the G reloads already. I need to find a big enough spot locally and go fly them in my MiniMagg.... Don't wanna wait until the end of the month.

Thanks Bob :)

Any notable jump in sales post CTI disaster?

There has been a steady increase in all sales for well over a year now, about since the last new motor certifications happened, however there has been a marked increase since the beginning of May which has been steadily growing. With the new motor certifications, I expect this trend to continue. I don't know how much of this growth I would attribute to the unfortunate accident at CTI, but I expect I would have seen a large amount of growth from many other factors besides this.

stealth6 said:
While there are quite a lot of things I'm going to really miss in my exit from rocketry, I've got to say that flying Loki (and missing out on the great new stuff) is very high on the list.
Great stuff, Scott. Thanks for doing what you do.

Well at least you've got a lot of good reasons to return to HPR one day. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :)
Sorry to see you go.

Back