New Micro fan

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n1lul

Reaction score
Santa was very nice and got me the Quest MM starter kit this year!

I went out later that day and had a blast (pun intended). The Saturn V had some stability issues and ejected the piston out of the airframe, but other than that these things fly great.

I am all ready putting my order together for a bunch of kits from Mr. Flis. Got to get the at least the Deuce, the HJ and the Dead Ringer.

These little guys are just a whole bunch of fun.

Ray

Santa was very nice and got me the Quest MM starter kit this year!

I went out later that day and had a blast (pun intended). The Saturn V had some stability issues and ejected the piston out of the airframe, but other than that these things fly great.

I am all ready putting my order together for a bunch of kits from Mr. Flis. Got to get the at least the Deuce, the HJ and the Dead Ringer.

These little guys are just a whole bunch of fun.

Ray

Great to hear Ray:
If you like the LPB's (Little Plastic Bricks) just wait til you get a couple standard material Micros built:)
Oh and don't forget to come on over and join us in the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group. Where we have somewhere around 150 micro plans that can be down loaded for free:)
With Plenty of Highest Quality parts from Fliskits, and all the micro kits he's offering along with several other manufactures you should have YEARs of micro building and flying ahead.

PS if you want to correct the little instablilty problem with the LPB Saturn-V just add tiny triangles of clear Motor packaging to the just ahead of the fins. she'll straighten right out:) (see Pic below)
Welcome to the Micro side, Hope this helps.

PS: We've leaned over time the the piston wrapped streamers need some help to work well. instead of rolling them around the piston as they are packaged. First talc baby powder the devil out of the mylar streamer, then fold in half length wise all the way to the piston, then half again and once more.. but this time you should just be able to wrap the folded streamer one time around the piston and slide the NC into postion. Now it'll open at ejection:)

Last edited:
You're going to love the sport of micro rocketry :)

We have 19 kits so far and a wide array of parts for scratch builders. Keep watch for 2010 as we will be adding many new kits!

Micros are like salted peanuts - the more you get, the more you want. They are just like any other model rockets, just at a different scale level. In addition to the sources that have already been mentioned, you can also convert a number of rockets designed for 13mm mini motors to Micromaxx. The definitive example is the Estes Mosquito. This is usually regarded as a "launch once and forget" rocket, because it boosts so fast and high that it is nearly impossible to track on its recommended motors. When you convert it to MMX though, you finally have a Mosquito that you can actually follow in flight and find afterward. It still boosts fast and to an appreciable height for its size, but it doesn't go so high that you give up hope of ever seeing it again, which is what usually happens otherwise. Other MMX-capable designs are the Estes Super Flea and the Screamer, the Centuri Two-Bitz and the Semroc Triton. There are no doubt many more. With the exception of the Triton, all of these kits are out of production, but you can obtain compatible parts from various sources and using plans available online, you can build your own reproductions of them.

MarkII

Back