New Mercury capsule kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up for the Tower Hobbies mailing list yesterday, and today I got an email from them good for $10 off any $50 or more order from their www.plastic-models.com website. The ad code is '011C7' and (if it's anything like their past promos) it ought to work for anybody.

So, if you've been holding out for a deal on that MRC Mercury capsule, here's your chance...

Originally posted by vjp
I signed up for the Tower Hobbies mailing list yesterday, and today I got an email from them good for $10 off any $50 or more order from their www.plastic-models.com website. The ad code is '011C7' and (if it's anything like their past promos) it ought to work for anybody.

So, if you've been holding out for a deal on that MRC Mercury capsule, here's your chance...

vjp,
Hey thanks, I ordered mine with the $10 off I got it for $42.99 best deal going that I could find!!
Thanks!!!

Originally posted by sheri
vjp,
Hey thanks, I ordered mine with the $10 off I got it for $42.99 best deal going that I could find!!
Thanks!!!

Probably could have got an even better deal at your local Hobby
Lobby when they have their 1/2 off and/or 40% off sales...

Got my capsule in the mail today, impressive kit, nice detail...now, which version to build, redstone , atlas, little joe...:confused:

I just recently did the redstone liberty bell 7, leaning toward the atlas. I would have to make the removable fins, I'm not a big fan of those, whether their lexan or not...but I could live with it, thinking about using the foils available for the booster also!!

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Was there ever a Little Joe that used the Mercury capsule, I don't ever recall seeing one.:confused:

Yes, they were a few versions of the Little Joe 1 using the merc. capsule. Jduffy has a fantastic build going on with his:

build thread Little Joe I

I think using the capsule interchangeable between boosters would be a great way to go. Overtime, Build all 3, I 'm gonna go with the Atlas first.

Last night I printed out that 50% coupon to pick up a Mercury Capsule. When I walked to the back of the store to model/rocket area, my mouth dropped when all the Rockets and motors were gone!!! After the shock wore off I asked a clerk and they had moved the Rockets down about 3-4 rows away from the modeling items. I am dumbfounded why they would put the rockets in a place in the middle of the jewelery making supplies and away from the models, glue, trains, etc. Well I found the Mercury Capsule and picked it up for $34 and change after taxes.

Mark

Back