The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmmeyers

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to say "Hey". I'm new to this forum, and have been lurking around here for about a month now. There is lots of good information to be had here.

I've gotten back into model rocketry after about a 15 year absence. It's fun to get back into it with your children, plus it's a good way to re-live my own childhood!

Recently I've just been building some of the Estes kits, but some of the designs from FlisKits have really caught my eye and I'm waiting for my Praetor to arrive in the mail.

My wife says I'm addicted. She might be right......

Welcome back and back to TRF. Since you've lurked a bit you might have gathered...we like pics! :D

Hi there and Welcome to TRF and dont worry about the wife mine said the same thing until I got her to build a kit and she flew it now she is hooked as well

Hi cmmeyers! Glad you have joined us. This is a great group of people, and that's one of the reasons I too decided to join the forum after lurking for a bit. And like another Mike said, we do like pics (even though I haven't posted any yet due to the ever-popular "technical difficulties" :( )

Mike

Yet another NSA Starship shot. I seem to always catch that one perfectly...

ok, we like *this* guy! heck, he ratcheted up his post count 900% in one thread, and he did it with PICTURES!!! :D :D :D :D

Yea, you're going to like it here. Very family friendly, so your kids (even your wife) will like it here :)

You will also love the Praetor. Can't wait to see pix of it.

welcome and have fun!
jim

Welcome to The Forum... as has already been said, you'll enjoy it here! Of course, if you stay too long, it could become (as it has for some of us) your "Hotel California" (You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!).

Glad you decided to get up the gumption to post and not just lurk... any other lurkers out there? Speak up! We don't bite...

WW

Yep, he's one of us alright:D
Nice pics of some fine rockets.
Welcome back to the hobby and to the forum.
Glad to have you with us:)

i'm kinda new around here too.
nice photos!
great fleet of rockets ya got there too!

Originally posted by billEblurzz
Wow, welcome cm! What a GOOD way to enter TRF! Beautiful launch shots and countryside...is that area near your home?:eek:
About a 10 minute drive. One high school has really great fields for launches. Two back to back baseball fields plus two soccer/lacrosse fields. The other pictures were taken at some property owned by our church. 80+ acres is good for rocket launches, but it is much more hilly. Also, it's still mostly corn fields. Right now they are clear, but will be grown up later this summer.

Since I've returned to the hobby, as I drive around I think to myself, "that would be a really great place to launch rockets!" I have a problem...

Originally posted by jflis
You will also love the Praetor. Can't wait to see pix of it.
I got it in the mail yesterday! I've got other home projects this weekend to work on before I start another rocket. So far I was impressed with the parts and packaging!

Back