New member introduction.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoAP

Reaction score
Looks like you have a good group of guys and gals here so I thought I would join in the fun!

Name is Chris and I am getting back into rocketry after a looong absense. I've been building FG body tubes and nose cones as well as doing EX motors. I currently have no affiliation with any formal clubs or associations but that may change. Well rocketry wise I have none, I am a pilot and have a plane so of course there are those clubs and blah blah blah. Looking forward to finding some local people around Indianapolis to build and fly with. I have a 35x70 shop in the back of the house if anyone wants a place to build without the wife yelling at you about your "toys" laying around the house. Hahah.

Thank you everyone! Hope to be here a while.

Chris

Welcome to the forum! Where are you located? What sorts of EX motors are you making?

*notices 35x70 shop*
*finds distance to Indianapolis*
*sighs and puts everything back in the rocket closet*

Welcome to the forum! Where are you located? What sorts of EX motors are you making?

Mainly 38 and 54 and a little 29. Maybe 75 one of these days. Lots of Wimpy Red and some of Dan's Plain Jane. But I'm all over the place.

Welcome to the madness!:wink: remember to post pictures of builds, finished rockets & launches. :cool:
Your not @ Oshkosh?:jaw:

Welcome. Look forward to you jumping into the mix...the conversational mix, not the motor mix.

Welcome to the madness!:wink: remember to post pictures of builds, finished rockets & launches. :cool:
Your not @ Oshkosh?:jaw:

No Oshkosh for me, way too many people. Madness.

Welcome back to the smoke, brother! Always glad to get one of own back into the fold. Straight smoke and good chutes!

Welcome and good to have you back in the fold.

No club...? Wow, did you go about doing Ex on your own?

Well I've always made my own black powder, that turned into making my own fireworks. This year I realized I should read and study as much as I can and see what I could do in rocketry. I started with Terry McCreary's book and a firefox HTPB kit. Several more books later here I am. I have always loved chemistry and science in general.

Back