New Magazine Devoted to Model Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by rokitflite
Lovely Bob... Thanks so much for posting that picture. I will have to thank you sometime... Late at night while you're sleeping... You won't feel a thing.:mad: ;) ;) ;)

It's a great shot! Kinda reminds me of Stimpy when he gets excited...

Originally posted by Vanel
Just finished reading mine - for the first time :D I loved the interviews and the story about Orville Carlisle.

Great stuff!

The interview with Vern & Glenda was very interesting & exciting to read.

The story of Orville Carlisle to me was kinda tragic, he seemed to be the odd man out on making any money yet seemed he was important in the process of the others doing so. hmmm.... Left me with a empty feeling sorta.

Great job Mark & team - looking forward to issue two.

Originally posted by Initiator001
Looks like we both got our names in the magazine, Scott.;)

Mark has talked to me about an Enertek article for the magazine. I have plenty of pictures...:D
The other gentleman in that picture, who looks just *slightly* less excited than Scott, is Bill Stine, right?

Great job on the magazine, Mark. Nice collection of vintage kits you have there. :)

Originally posted by JRThro
The other gentlman in that picture, who looks just *slightly* less excited than Scott, is Bill Stine, right?

Yes, that is correct.

Of course, with Scott in any room, everybody else present would seem *slightly* less excited. ;)

Originally posted by Initiator001
Yes, that is correct.

Of course, with Scott in any room, everybody else present would seem *slightly* less excited. ;)
LOL! I'm really looking forward to meeting Scott some year soon.

Just got my first issue, "Launch" is awesome!! I was glued to it from cover to cover...congratulations on a magazine with a great look and great content.

I'll be a subscriber from now on out.

Originally posted by RoyGreen
Has anyone seen it at a newsstand or bookstore?

Still haven't seen it at four different Borders, three B&N, WaldenBooks, numerous supermarkets, Fry's, or Micro Center (which oddly does carry Sport Rocketry).

Of course, I should note that the Borders and B&Ns don't even carry Model Airplane News, though they all carry FineScale Modeler.

Roy,

As a new magazine, we have designed a newsstand "roll-out" for LAUNCH that will, indeed, bring it to your local bookstores. Already, if you happen to be in New York, you'll see us in many newsstands in the city (Universal, Hudson, etc.), often next to the science magazines. In Grand Central Terminal, for instance, a stack of LAUNCH magazines sold out over a weekend. We're also in quite a few hobby shops already.

But the big news is that we have just signed a deal with one of the largest distributors of consumer magazines in America—a deal that we expect will bring LAUNCH into major retail outlets. This has taken months to put together because we truly were "reaching for the stars" regarding the market place. We wanted to go beyond the usual hobby magazine newsstand senario. What happens now is that the distributor takes orders from the bookstore chains. (But the point here is that we're talking about Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.., not simply local small newsstands) But newsstand roll-outs take time and we've only published one issue. Have a little patience with us. We could have already settled for a far lesser deal that would have simply been the status-quo for a hobby magazine. We opted not to do that. The result is that it's taken a bit longer but it's finally done. We'll announce the distribution network in our upcoming issue, but I'll probably have more to say about it here soon as well.

Mark

Originally posted by msm0202
... As a new magazine, we have designed a newsstand "roll-out" for LAUNCH that will, indeed, bring it to your local bookstores... Mark
Sounds like you are working with a good business plan to get your product out there. This could be a big boost for the hobby too.

I was a little slow on ordering my subscription, just did so about two weeks ago. Any idea if I will still be sent a copy of the fist issue, or will my subscription start with your next edition?

Randy,
You'll receive the first issue. All subscriptions coming in over the next couple of weeks will still include that issue unless there is a specific request that we begin with the second issue. Subscription orders after Friday, October 6 will begin with Issue 2.

Thanks for subscribing!

Mark

Actually, I should have said all subscription orders coming in over the next nine days (not two weeks) will still receive the first issue. After that, it's on to Issue 2—which is on deadline right now.
Mark

But the big news is that we have just signed a deal with one of the largest distributors of consumer magazines in America—a deal that we expect will bring LAUNCH into major retail outlets. This has taken months to put together because we truly were "reaching for the stars" regarding the market place. We wanted to go beyond the usual hobby magazine newsstand senario.

We could have already settled for a far lesser deal that would have simply been the status-quo for a hobby magazine. We opted not to do that. The result is that it's taken a bit longer but it's finally done. We'll announce the distribution network in our upcoming issue, but I'll probably have more to say about it here soon as well.

Mark

Now *that's* what I want to hear, but I was also hoping this particular issue would get splashed around, it's so good. I hope you re-purpose/re-distribute it later as a "Special" issue once the distribution deal is going.

As a new magazine, we have designed a newsstand "roll-out" for LAUNCH that will, indeed, bring it to your local bookstores. [SNIP]

But the big news is that we have just signed a deal with one of the largest distributors of consumer magazines in America—a deal that we expect will bring LAUNCH into major retail outlets.
Mark,

I get a grin on my face every time the ad for LAUNCH pops up on the Ye Olde Rocket Forum banner.

And *another* thing: I got the most recent issue of _Sport Rocketry_, and *what* was my response? "Oh good, only another month until the next issue of LAUNCH!" :eek: ;) :D

Looking forward to Issue #2,

Just recieved issue 1 in my order from rocketstoreuk today. I've been off work today with really bad IBS so it helped me get through the day and remain sane.

Very impressive magazine. I'm a new (not BAR) rocketeer so I'm sure others will get more enjoyment from remembering the old rocket kits etc than me but it was still very interesting for me to read about the history of model rocketry.

The magazine is full of great photos - my daughter (3 1/2) loved looking at it with me.

Congratulations on an excellent magazine. Subscription goes to number 1 on my xmas list!

Randy,
You'll receive the first issue. All subscriptions coming in over the next couple of weeks will still include that issue unless there is a specific request that we begin with the second issue. Subscription orders after Friday, October 6 will begin with Issue 2.

Mark
Thanks, my first copy was waiting in my mail box when I got home from work today... Nicely done! I'll be looking forward to your future issues :) ... Now off to do some reading...

I got a copy free with an order. I'm signing up. It's a great magazine.

I think I ordered my subscription too late for the first issue.
Is it available as a back issue?

I think I ordered my subscription too late for the first issue.
Is it available as a back issue?

Back