New Launcher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hambirm2018

Reaction score
New updated launcher build 1010 rail. I have 30 dollars in it and about 2 hours of work.

Attachments

• E73412F0-FE06-4BC7-8C10-4F252C65EE54.jpeg
    E73412F0-FE06-4BC7-8C10-4F252C65EE54.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 19C8C268-B52C-4CF6-8B64-248C92AFD5E4.jpeg
    19C8C268-B52C-4CF6-8B64-248C92AFD5E4.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 80
  • C5E633D1-6C7F-4A7A-BA23-293A7FBAE9BE.jpeg
    C5E633D1-6C7F-4A7A-BA23-293A7FBAE9BE.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 76
The orange pipes in the first photo do not look like the PVC pieces in the H assembly?
Are they all the same parts, and my eyes are just old and worn out ?? Also does the tiny piece of 1010 rail attach the launch rail to the whole H assembly?

Why does your dog look terrified ?? LOL

Yes, same PVC. I used 3ft length 1 1/4 x 5qty. Cut one piece in half. 3 t’s used. I used screws to mount the receptacle plate on. I drilled 2 rail buttims to the plate. This allows the 1010 rail to slide on and off. You can find something that does not conduct electricity so your ignitor will not short out.

Yes, same PVC. I used 3ft length 1 1/4 x 5qty. Cut one piece in half. 3 t’s used. I used screws to mount the receptacle plate on. I drilled 2 rail buttims to the plate. This allows the 1010 rail to slide on and off. You can find something that does not conduct electricity so your ignitor will not short out.
The dog is weird! He hates when I use power tools. But he’ll run off if he’s not on a leash. Puppy!

Gary …….

That little plate on the Leg assembly does not seem adequate to hold a 6-8 foot rail and the weight of a model....
Are you not using normal length of 1010 rail ?

It is not the normal length. I picked the shorter version for transportation constraints. The rail is only 36 inches long. That is primarily what my GF and I shoot locally in CO. It was just to just posted to show what is possible for about 10 bucks and an hour of labor. The connection will hold a 35 lbs plate for weight lifting. My rockets weight 1/16 of that that on a good day. 35lbs/16oz=(<1.0) kind of used this to ???? on how to make sure it will work. (it makes since to me) lol.

Only literal “down” side is that it is so low to the ground. Adding legs to bring it higher makes it heavier and more complicated, but for those of us over 50 at least, it makes it easier.

For RAILS it is perfectly safe. If you used it for rods, just like the Estes PortaPad, unless you can manage to keep hold of the tip protector or remember after every flight to stick a motor casing on it, IMO it is a major eye hazard for people bending over to work on a rocket and forgetting there is a rod pointing skyward.

I agree Babar, I have had great luck with my Jaw Stand rail Pad. No way to poke your eye with that ……… Its an 8 foot rail on a tripod !
But, for the cost of Garys Pad... its hard to beat !!!

Yep, just low-mid power here. Everything has room for improvement and critiquing. What works for the rocketeer is all I'm after. I love to '3M" things....

If I see something that works but could be twisted to fit my needs, I'm all ears!!!!!

I have a tripod for my bigger stuff and the rail can attach to it as well. The 'H" is just for ease of use and weight. I drilled a hole in the PVC and I can shorten the distance between the two T's and thread it on the tripod with all thread. It works and the total package comes in at about 6 lbs. Blast deflector and all.

Back